Heritage Shorthorn Society

Help Support CattleToday:

cbcr

Reaction score
For those interested in Heritage "Native" Shorthorns there is a list of all Shorthorn bulls currently Verified as Heritage "Native" in the reference section on the Heritage Shorthorn Society (HSS) website www.heritageshorthorn.org. Over 760 bulls from the USA, Canada, Australia, and Great Britain are recorded. Only bulls born after 1955 that have gone through a vetting process to determine they are 100% full blood Shorthorns by pedigree, and have only ancestors that can be traced to the original 1822 Coates Herdbook, are listed.

The original vetting was done by the American Milking Shorthorn Society through their Native program with additional bulls contributed to the list by HSS. An updated vetting procedure will be available through HSS starting January 1st, 2020 that will be simpler, quicker, and less costly. Those interested in having their bulls registered Heritage can apply at that time.

cbcr said:
For those interested in Heritage "Native" Shorthorns there is a list of all Shorthorn bulls currently Verified as Heritage "Native" in the reference section on the Heritage Shorthorn Society (HSS) website www.heritageshorthorn.org. Over 760 bulls from the USA, Canada, Australia, and Great Britain are recorded. Only bulls born after 1955 that have gone through a vetting process to determine they are 100% full blood Shorthorns by pedigree, and have only ancestors that can be traced to the original 1822 Coates Herdbook, are listed.

The original vetting was done by the American Milking Shorthorn Society through their Native program with additional bulls contributed to the list by HSS. An updated vetting procedure will be available through HSS starting January 1st, 2020 that will be simpler, quicker, and less costly. Those interested in having their bulls registered Heritage can apply at that time.

Not a shorthorn breeder but I can appreciate what they are doing. I mentioned before that I would like to see images and descriptions of all collected bulls of Murray Greys too. Seems like a lot of these bulls could easily still fit into current breeding programs for shorthorns now. I liked quite a few:

Alta Cedar Royal Oak 144F
Ball Dee Perfect Count
Barrington Hardy
Boa Kae Royal Oak
Canadian Image
Four Point Major
Glen Knolls Monarch
GX Ridge Runner
Hilldale Commander
Hilldale Geronimo
Hub's Director
Kenmar President 26A
Kinnaber Leader 6th
Kinnaber Leader 9th
Meadowbrook Prince 16th
Pleasant Dawn Seal 2nd
TPS Coronet Leader 61st
Weston Trademark 3rd
Wexvale Polar Bar Prince

If you will go to the https://www.heritageshorthorn.org/ and on the left side of the page on the menu there you will see a link for Heritage Bulls.

If you click on the Classic Bulls A to H or Classic Bulls J to Z you will see many of the pictures and pedigrees and a little bit of information about the bulls.

Latest posts