heres a pic of amber and her horse

Help Support CattleToday:

brownmule

Reaction score
its funny no matter how many pic i take of ambers horse stormmie she always looks like she smileing..she's pretty good for a "short ear" she had a nice mule colt a yr ago. this one of the fields that we cleaned up last summer,pasture 2 horses and mules on it, amber is our youngest who now is 19,this is her horse, but mom takes care of her.. big suprize there huh? LOL Rose
IM000593.jpg

Pretty horse. Looks like she enjoys riding. My grandma loves horses and would love that one.

NewCowboy :cboy:

aplusmnt":bbmqtymf said:
Looks like some nice riding back there in them woods!
yeah there are some nice trails back there that go for miles, thats one reason we bought this land can trail ride without having to load up and haul for 10 miles to hit a trail. beenup the "haller" a few time last summer picking berrys,but been to busy cleaning and building fence to hit the trails. i got my mule out once last summer an rode around the fields, i was putting in blueberries while amber was riding.. i may slip off this summer from the fence gang LOL Rose

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":70kua14n said:
I think I like amber alot better than I do the horse ;-)

Well I wasn't going to say anything about how nice amber looked. They both look as tho they came from mighty fine genes. She's going to be a vet? I'd bet she gets called out just to apply ear tags.

backhoeboogie":1l4ps2e1 said:
TurnThatCowLooseMaw":1l4ps2e1 said:
I think I like amber alot better than I do the horse ;-)

Well I wasn't going to say anything about how nice amber looked. They both look as tho they came from mighty fine genes. She's going to be a vet? I'd bet she gets called out just to apply ear tags.

I did not want to sound like an old pervert, but since you guys did ;-)

LOL thanks for the complemts guys, she is a firecracker for sure! she is my youngest, she gonna be an xray tech,so if you fall off your horse or that ol cow kicks ya you might see her LOL. her sister is gonna be the vet, amber was the only girl wresler in school and would whop your butt if you asked her "did she cheer lead?" im sure the coaches was really glad when she graduated LOL. they tryed to worst her out,{ i have no idea where she gets that hard head from LOL} it really hurt the boys when she'd win a match. it was hard on me watching her get slamed down.. ol mom wanted to put a couple "mad mom moves" on them. Rose

Real nice pic of the horse and your daughter, but I agree. loose them shoes.....cowboy boots are made for that reason..... I flat out will not allow my daughter to get on a horse with anything but boots on....no lace ups, no chukka's, only her pull on boots. (have caught her a couple times out in the pasture after swimmin with the horse, barefoot tho.....but least barefoot she aint gonna git hung up if things go south)

My mother knew a girl who got a foot stuck through a stirrup while wearing shoes. The horse spooked she fell got drug through a river and killed. I was never allowed on a horse with a saddle unless I had boots on. So I rode bareback. That's still the way I ride. I can't rope anything anyway so who needs a horn? :lol:

Victoria":21c5hzch said:
My mother knew a girl who got a foot stuck through a stirrup while wearing shoes. The horse spooked she fell got drug through a river and killed. I was never allowed on a horse with a saddle unless I had boots on. So I rode bareback. That's still the way I ride. I can't rope anything anyway so who needs a horn? :lol:

What does the horn have to do with roping? I use mine for hanging on to ;-)

you all are so right about the boots and sturips! that my bigest fear, im all the time telling her, or making her put just her toe in, but theres always a chance.. i usaly ride bare back that way if you take a fall its a "clean fall" not a drag . i got her this wintech saddle so she could saddle up herself, was always dressing the horse kids ride a few min and then have to go back and undress.this saddle is about 15 lbs. stormie the horse was a rescue horse from stock sale. horse traders brought her in, for all i know she could of came from out west, was sick, they took a colt off her, she was baged up really bad, had shipping fever, you name it. moved my guys off to other pasture before bringing her home, thought we was gonna have to dig a hole..poor thing couldnt eat for caughing and blowing out all her grain, antibotics, b 12, blankets,and alot of pounding to get her broke lose, about 3 weeks she got turned around, she loves kids, couldnt ask for a better horse. and was a great mom to her mule baby, didnt mind us messing with the colt. very pleases with how she turned out , i really didnt think she make it..but shell be here for ever. Rose

born2run":33hdqf7n said:
So I rode bareback. That's still the way I ride. I can't rope anything anyway so who needs a horn?

Start riding english. :lol:

Did that for many years in the show ring. Actually, it's mostly just laziness, I usually grab a halter and a lead rope and go. Sometimes I actually ride with a bridle! :lol:

aplusmnt":18murh48 said:
Victoria":18murh48 said:

What does the horn have to do with roping? I use mine for hanging on to ;-)

That's why God gave them manes! ;-)

Rose,
Sometimes it is the abused ones that make the best horses, they appreciate a good home. We sold a pony once to a guy who was using her for gymkhana (sp?). To make her turn around the barrels he would beat the side of her head. We saw this and offered him back his money (ended up buying her back for more than he gave us :roll: )
We brought her home and the next year went back to the same gymkhana and one everything with her. Didn't have to beat her on the side of the head either. :mad:
She was the greatest animal to ride. Really smart and would die to keep us kids safe. Didn't like strangers though, wonder why.

Latest posts