herefords again

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't see a lot of straight bred Herefords around here, but these seem to have a lot of white on them. Is that common in your area?

i love the pics of those herefords.frankie they look tobe from the old style herefords wich have alot white on them.more modern herefords dont have that much white on them.

bigbull338":2zt9qedc said:
i love the pics of those herefords.frankie they look tobe from the old style herefords wich have alot white on them.more modern herefords dont have that much white on them.

They look like my grandad's old herefords. I like them. He had some that he had to milk after the calf because of to much milk. Who said herfs dont milk :) JHH

Frankie said:
I don't see a lot of straight bred Herefords around here, but these seem to have a lot of white on them. Is that common in your area?

to be honest there are not that many herefords in my area. not been doing it long. took an interest when my father passed away. posted the pics to get some feed back on what you thought. its more of a hobbie than a business

I really like the type of cattle you have, very easy doing kind, with the right bull on them you can really build a top herd. The white is very typical of the traditional hereford markings, shortmarked cattle only became the craze relatively recently. Still curious about the pedigrees?

sporder":1xvkzfwm said:
how do you mean curious about the pedigree?

I have a fair knowledge of the UK Hereford pedigrees and want to see the pedigrees of some of your cattle. Basically I want to see how pure UK blood they are or if there was any USA or Canadian influence. By the look of them it looks very pure UK or maybe some older Canadian genetics fused in some time ago. Just curiosity on my part.

Latest posts