Hereford

Help Support CattleToday:

piedmontese

Reaction score
I have bought 14 horned Hereford and Hereford x red angus n the last year and couldn't be happier with them. All except one were bred angus and the other was red angus. Very calm and ez to work with. Just need to take the horns off of the last 4. Plan to try and add another 10 or so this year if $ allows.

I love Hereford Cattle. We have a good few Hereford cross mommas mixed in with our Longhorns and I love when they have a calf and they have that white face. I just got my Longhorn cows in May so only a couple have had calves so my best cow is one of my Hereford cows until proven otherwise. Down here everyone wants the calves that are black with a white face. I don't know if its the same where you are but I would definitely look into breeding them to a Black Angus or the black bull of your choice if your going to run Herefords. Just my opinion I don't know how it is where you are everywhere is different.

I just re-read your post and I noticed where you said they were mostly bred to an Angus....I guess I didn't catch that before I put my response lol.

I noticed this topic when I was going back through all of the threads that I had commented on and thought I would share this. As most people know my farm is mainly Longhorn momma cows and Charolais bulls. However, we do have about 20 beef cows mixed in. I have a Hereford momma that just had her second calf and it is out of one of our Charolais bulls. Since this thread is about Herefords thought I would share a couple of the pictures of the calf.

Hereford cross cows are great mommas. This little guys momma's calf last year was a black white face calf and it brought the most per pound out of all of my calves. It brought $2.97 and weighed 440 pounds at 6 months old...wish I would have kept it a little longer but sold it off before winter hit because she was a heifer. I have HIGH expectations for this calf and I am very excited to have it on the ground growing. The momma also bred back really fast as well. She had her calf April 3rd last year and this year she had it Feb 19th. That means she had her next calf 10 months and 16 days later. That's a good momma cow in my book.

Latest posts