Hereford News

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
The January issue of the HW is one of the best and most informative I've seen in months. Front page news, the AHA is unveiling its new economic selection indexes. There are four of them. The BMI$ is a baldie maternal index for Hereford bulls to be used on Angus based cowherds. The BII$ is for Brahman based herds. The CHB$ is a terminal sire index, where Hereford bulls are mated to British cross cows, with all offspring being sold as fed cattle on a CHB LLC pricing grid. Finally, the CEZ$ is a calving ease index where all the bulls are mated to heifers.

My second point of interest is the ad by Van Newkirk Herefords of Oshkosh, Neb. They have three bulls for sale with MM EPDs over 40, and one with a 38. I've never seen a Hereford milk EPD this high. They are horned Herefords. Third point of interest is the 2004 Canadian Western Agribition Supreme Champion beating 46 bulls of all breeds, all of whom had won a 2004 major Canadian championship. This is HF 4L Beyond 36N.

Fourth, a Hudson Herefords of Ark. customer has a testimonial of the performance of their bulls on his commercial herd. He retained ownership of 54 heifers and 95 steers. The entire group was harvested the same day, yielding nearly 65%, with 6% prime, 91% Choice, and 3% select. The yield resulted in $18/head increased value, and an additive quality merit of $72/head on 97% of the cattle harvested. His name is David Miller of Melbourne, Ark. The cows were black, the bulls were Hudson Herefords.

greenwillowherefords":1ly6g4cf said:
The January issue of the HW is one of the best and most informative I've seen in months. Front page news, the AHA is unveiling its new economic selection indexes. There are four of them. The BMI$ is a baldie maternal index for Hereford bulls to be used on Angus based cowherds. The BII$ is for Brahman based herds. The CHB$ is a terminal sire index, where Hereford bulls are mated to British cross cows, with all offspring being sold as fed cattle on a CHB LLC pricing grid. Finally, the CEZ$ is a calving ease index where all the bulls are mated to heifers.

My second point of interest is the ad by Van Newkirk Herefords of Oshkosh, Neb. They have three bulls for sale with MM EPDs over 40, and one with a 38. I've never seen a Hereford milk EPD this high. They are horned Herefords. Third point of interest is the 2004 Canadian Western Agribition Supreme Champion beating 46 bulls of all breeds, all of whom had won a 2004 major Canadian championship. This is HF 4L Beyond 36N.

Fourth, a Hudson Herefords of Ark. customer has a testimonial of the performance of their bulls on his commercial herd. He retained ownership of 54 heifers and 95 steers. The entire group was harvested the same day, yielding nearly 65%, with 6% prime, 91% Choice, and 3% select. The yield resulted in $18/head increased value, and an additive quality merit of $72/head on 97% of the cattle harvested. His name is David Miller of Melbourne, Ark. The cows were black, the bulls were Hudson Herefords.

Here is the post I said I would pull up for the fellow wanting info on what to breed his Gelb/Angus cross cows to.

Triple-A 87J Maximus 4M

http://search.hereford.ca/default.aspx

2003 supreme champ - HH

Hereford Bull Named Supreme Champion at Canadian Western Agribition, 2003 Triple-A 87J Maximus 4M was named Supreme Champion Bull at the Canadian WesternAgribition RBC Beef Supreme Challenge. Triple-A 87J Maximus 4M was exhibited by his owner Triple-A Herefords; Murray and Bridget Andrews of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. It was the first time in the events five year history that a Hereford bull has won SupremeChampion.

Latest posts