Hereford Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

showmomof2

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I was on here and thought I'd share some of our girls!
0395.JPG
She'll be 2 in October out of a Moler son.
0362.JPG

She's an 18 month old daughter of a P606 son.
0045.JPG
Our Revolution daughter -she's abt 3-4 months old in the picture

The two older girls are due this fall and winter-can't wait!

I wish we had a hundred just like them too! They are all so sweet natured and my husband broke the little one to halter faster than anything we have ever tried to break. There was just no fight in her.

were calving some 3yo hereford heifers that look just like yours. the 2 that have calved one had twins 2 days apart and they were both nice big bulls. the second had a nice bull hoping for a few heifers

I like your Moler Granddaughter a lot, the p606 is okay but think good use a bit more depth and volume, but she is still a youngster. I have some revolution in my tank but have not used it, I would love to see that heifer as a yearling.

I do love Herfs.
Alan

I'll post pictures as the Revolution heifer matures-we have just weaned her and started her on grain. As the others calve I'll post pics-we have a full sister to the older heifer but are just starting her on feed as well.

We lost our Revolution heifer at calving. We did save the calf-a beautiful heifer out of our logic son.

The original pictures look the way I like a heifer/cow to look - long. Sorry to hear you lost the Revolution heifer in calving. That really hurts after all that time to get her there.

I bought a nice looking, long low Tundra daughter at a show a couple years ago. Lost her in calving also. Lost the calf too. Same bull as the rest of my herd that had no problem.

At that point I came to the conclusion that no matter how good they look, the cow or heifer's #1 job is to have a calf. The vet tried everything. She was paralyzed and never got up. I had to shoot her. That really hurt.

Nothing like shooting what was a good looking heifer not to mention expensive.

Seeing that expensive heifer die from calving taught me a lesson. I will not buy any more heifers. Pairs or three in ones maybe but not heifers. And actually since that unhappy experience I don't buy any females, my herd will be raised only from cows I have raised and that know how to have a calf.

I hope the first 2 pictured above in your OP faired better.

Jim

The molar heifer had a bull calf last yr, hoping for a heifer for a heifer this year. The P606 had a gorgeous heifer last yr but lost her. We have no idea what happened. Hopefully better luck this yr. Someone on here wanted to see a yearling pic of the revolution heifer. I will see if I have one and post it. I am still sick abt losing her. They would have been quite a pair. The heifer baby is nice and I know we can't do her justice bottle raising her but we are doing our best by her. I just can't get a good pic of her-she is so agressive that I can't get far enough away from her to get a good shot lol. Any tips on raising her to her greatest potential will be welcome.

Sorry to hear about your revolution heifer, I have 5 first timers due in may. Hoping for the best.

Here's a link to a thread on bottle babies, I think it had a good debate on how to get the most potential of growth from a bottle baby. One opinion I have is to keep the calf on bottles, don't switch to a bucket. This will help prevent milk belly. As you read the link you can tell I fed heavy.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=82536

Durham Valley had a good Moler son thats deceased now but they have plenty of sons and daughters and semen I believe. They are outta PA and have a website. He won Pa farm show and keystone twice I believe. I didnt know if you were looking for a Moler son Alan.

shadyhollownj":31fw0w08 said:
Durham Valley had a good Moler son thats deceased now but they have plenty of sons and daughters and semen I believe. They are outta PA and have a website. He won Pa farm show and keystone twice I believe. I didnt know if you were looking for a Moler son Alan.

I'm not really looking for a Moler son, but I sure like the type of animal he seems to produce.

Alan-when the grass greens up I'll put another pic of the first one on here. The drought/winter was rough on her. She's looking better now but not what I would want to put on here lol
Knersie-we just showed her at county/district level because we had her-nothing national lol.
Just so that I can learn more of what to look for please feel welcome to critique all three of them the best you can from the pics.

Thanks,
Angie

Latest posts