Hereford heifer - update

Help Support CattleToday:

vbd

Reaction score
Carried our hereford heifer (19 months old) back to the vet yesterday for a follow-up...she is 3-3 1/2 months bred and doing well, although the vet did mention she was a bit vertically challenged (short) ;-). I then went and weighed her...now 980 lbs, a gain of 140 lbs from Dec. 16th for an ADG of 1.8, if I did the math correctly.

Nothin to do now but wait...and watch...and wait...and watch.

If it isn't readily obvious, this will be my first and I am excited. :p If all goes as planned, this will be the first baby on this place that Alice or I did not have to get up and make a bottle for...yehaaaaaa. :lol:

I know all ya'll were just dying to know all that!

Van

vbd":w3y46f8d said:
If it isn't readily obvious, this will be my first and I am excited. :p If all goes as planned, this will be the first baby on this place that Alice or I did not have to get up and make a bottle for...yehaaaaaa. :lol:

I know all ya'll were just dying to know all that!

Van

Then you are in for a real treat! Nothing greater than seeing a new baby snuggle up to mom for a meal and knowing that food is available 24/7. I think it's amazing that you all do so well with your bottle babies...your experience with them and advice have helped a lot of people on these boards.

Latest posts