Hereford bull Class Act

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't really know much about the bottom half of his pedigree, but like the top half. Knowing what you have in your tank and what you have used last year, I think you are certainly looking in the right direction, especially if you have a few females that don't milk all that well. (Or daughters out of cows that could be heavier milkers)

Phenotypically I can't really fault him except he has a little more sheath than you'd normally find in a herefordbull. Good polled head, good eyes, good hindquarter (especially for a bull with a +25 for milk), nice bone and a little more angle in the hock than the typical show bull and possible a little more slope in the rump than your typical show bull not that I think that its a fault at all.

I prefer him over Rib Eye going on the photos I have to make that comparison, if that answers your question.

I agree with Knersie. Do not like the sheath, too sloppy. He is going to transmit a pile of milk into his daughters with all of the maternal bulls behind him. He looks A LOT like Gerber E-male....which...if he grows up to be like that bull, I would stay away from. E-male daughters milked like, and kept flesh like, Holsteins. Small teats, lots of milk, and bones galore. Not like Feltons cattle which milked and kept some amount of flesh on themselves.

Not a bad looking bull. I'll have to say I like his sire, beings I just bought a World Class son for my next herd sire. Huth's have been around a while and seem to have a good reputation. He should do good.

Latest posts