here ya go

Help Support CattleToday:

The bull calf is bred by a bull called Nenuphar who is limousin breed average for calving ease. I would have no worries putting that bull on my Lim heifers, much less an eight year old cow. Nenuphar semen is available worldwide from Stanford Livestock International, if anyones interested PM me and I can e-mail details.

farmer rich":36vq121m said:
The bull calf is bred by a bull called Nenuphar who is limousin breed average for calving ease. I would have no worries putting that bull on my Lim heifers, much less an eight year old cow. Nenuphar semen is available worldwide from Stanford Livestock International, if anyones interested PM me and I can e-mail details.

Rich, What do straws go for on this bull? In U.S. Dollars?

MikeC":32bqp6z5 said:
farmer rich":32bqp6z5 said:

$78.75US

farmer rich":28dleisj said:
MikeC":28dleisj said:
farmer rich":28dleisj said:

$78.75US

That's per straw?

dun

dun":1ayz5ze0 said:
farmer rich":1ayz5ze0 said:
MikeC":1ayz5ze0 said:
farmer rich":1ayz5ze0 said:

$78.75US

That's per straw?

dun

yup

She ain't a showgirl, but that's all right. Like I've said before, "Pretty is as pretty does." If she's 8 yrs.old I reckon she's had 6 calves. To have raised 6 calves and maintained a nice udder like that speaks well for her. I like the eye pigmentation, too. That's a cow that could make a living off of fescue and pine timber. Good lookin' cow.
J. T.

that cow is a money maker! she has a little bit too much gut for me, but that's just me. there are other flaws, but she's that kind that makes ya money.

Tapeworm - Good grief! It appears that you gave me carte blanche to "use all that fancy cow show judge talk" garbage, but nobody else can say that blather! I didn't think that I used that kind of "Judging Jingo" - I just sort of describe what I see according to WHAT THE ANIMAL IS. If we were looking at a heifer to be kept as a replacement - you take different factors into consideration. If it's a Herd Bull Prospect, then it's different features entirely. This little Lady is a MOMMA COW - and if she has a 3 1/2 month old calf that weighs 300# and she weighs 950# - she is a MOMMA COW - and that is what we are considerating. She has some features which can be criticized (a little narrow in front and a little short coupled) but nursing a 300# calf and staying in that good of a physical condition minimizes most petty criticisms. One could say that her teats are a little small, (from what we can see in the picture) but the calf obviously hasn't had much trouble getting hold of them, and the subject matter is "Brood Cow" and she certainly is that.

She has a good, strong level top line, she is wide hipped (easy calving) although I would like to see her carry her butt down a little closer to the hocks, but, again, we have to realize that this MOMMA COW is nursing a vigorous calf - so we cut her a little slack.

One thing that no one has mentioned: it appears that she is standing on some ground that is sort of 'falling off' to the left behind her. If she were standing on firm, level ground I think her pasterns and that left rear leg woud make her look considerably more stable. But that comes from looking at THIS picture, and one can only analyze what appears in the picture. - - - She may be chewing at the moment of taking the picture - but if not I wonder if she has a tooth problem? Just a thought. The appearance of her hide on her back should have no consideration of judging her as a Brood Cow. In the show ring - whole different thing entirely.

If she were mine - I would breed her to a Low EPD Birth Weight Continental Bull (Limm, Simm, Gelpvieh, Maine Anjou) and SMILE! :) :) She is a fine addition to most anybody's Herd!

Just a suggestion; if you had had the camera at the level of the point of her shoulder I think you would have had a whole different appearing cow PICTURE. But we are not judging the picture or the cameraman - just the picture of a good looking brood cow - 8yrs old!

ollie":d277nw3d said:
One question Tape , does it leave a sore spot where her shoulders rub her hooks? :lol: Sorry man, I just had to do it. I know , I know , I am a evil fool.
LOL ollie!! I use to have that problem bad about her rubbing...but I got lucky and found this cattle board..now Ive learned enough important stuff like how to trim cows hooves that I trimmed her feet where she has to walk in a straight line all the time. Now she dont rub unless she tries to turn a corner. I dont know what that is on her back ollie..nothing wrong with her..maybe just the way the sun is shining on it?? dont know..unless maybe she walked under your big RA cow and rubbed. LOL

You guys are right that the cow is a money maker...but sure not a show winner. If you want to make money with commercial cows try to find some like her...thats what I like about her..a functional money maker. Sorry I havent had more time lately to spend with you folks but thank everbody...for being patient with me and not griping TOO bad about my sorry picture taking skills. Im going to try to work in more time for all of you as soon as I can. Wish I had tried to get a picture of her calf..but I wont be taking any more pictures anytime soon if ever...no use in me providing laughs for everbody with my pictures. They are about as bad as it gets..or worse...but I said Id do it and I was brought up to believe that you keep your word no matter how bad it makes you look. Lucky for me that I dont have trouble laughing at myself. That reminds me....to my *secret admirer* that sent me a private email about the idea for an aviater(or whatever you call the picture under your name??)...let me think about it. It didnt make me mad if thats what you were trying to do..I really think it might be funny but you will have to help me do it please. And dont worry...I wont tell anybody that your sweet on me. LOL

And the guy that wants me to get down on my knees in front of a cow just so I can take a better picture??? LOL Thats a good one!! Your cows might be used to seeing you down on your knees..but if I climb down off a horse and get down on my knees the only picture would be of cowtails flying over cowbutts. Then Id probaly have to crawl home cuz I couldnt get back up

She already has a calf when this picture was taken?

Is her vagina always that large and dialated(sp) looking?

Just curious. But other wise good looking calf maker. Love those cows with the big guts, lots of room for calf.

cul8r":7mmcdqiu said:

Just curious. But other wise good looking calf maker. Love those cows with the big guts, lots of room for calf.
I thought this posting was dead a long time ago. LOL Thanks for your compliment..I sort of like those kind to. Yes she has a calf...didnt I say that?? About her vagina..dont know for sure but maybe youve got a different defintion of vagina where you come from?? Around here we usually try to look at a cow from behind if we want to see her vagina. I guess Im not really a good enough cattleman to tell as much about her as you are friend...Ill either tell her that calf aint hers or else she needs to put a girdle on it for you

tapeworm":39k33yvx said:
cul8r":39k33yvx said:

I thought this posting was dead a long time ago. LOL Thanks for your compliment..I sort of like those kind to. Yes she has a calf...didnt I say that?? About her vagina..dont know for sure but maybe youve got a different defintion of vagina where you come from?? Around here we usually try to look at a cow from behind if we want to see her vagina. I guess Im not really a good enough cattleman to tell as much about her as you are friend...Ill either tell her that calf aint hers or else she needs to put a girdle on it for you

It's that large thing there under her tail in the back, that you can't see that well from a side view unless they are about to calve or something is wrong, which in the picture you can see it real well. Also, looking at the pic, the bones on the side of her tail head are spread like she is about to calve.

But, maybe it's just your picture taking. Don't know. I was just making an observation. You know, in case something might be wrong with her that her vagina is so large. Just trying to look out for your money. ;-)

She does have quite a little hanging back there. That is why I asked if she had a stitch. Must be the ear in her.

Latest posts