Herd Sires

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We were getting the BSE done on the sale bulls today so went ahead and had one done on our walking herd sires.

Gizmo D Boss D45 he just turned 3 and weighed in at 1800 pounds with a 42cm scrotal measurement.

This is 1701 another three year old bull that weighed in today at 1905 with a 43.5 scrotal measurement.

We will used a SAV Sensation calf that we sent to the Florida Bull Test as well but he was tested last week and I don't have a photo of him. We do have a video of him up on our face book page. Needless to say I like both the three year old bulls or I wouldn't be using them but always enjoy hearing others opinions.

gizmmom

I don't love the set (or lack thereof) to the rear legs on the first on first one, and he is just a touch shallow in his fore rib. Having said that, both have tons of masculinity, good bone, smooth shoulders, and plenty of spring of rib. I love the depth of heel on the first bull, nice big, tall feet with minimal gap between claws. As always, very nice animals!

BootJack

I think picture angle is hurting the D45 bull as far a back leg angle but agree with him being a bit shallow in the fore rib. Both bulls have excellent feet the 1701 bull has a tic more angle on the back legs than I like, but I would rather have more than less angle. A straight legged bull sure won't hold up breeding cows. The first bull is a SAV Resource son the second is a SAV Regard son. I have a flush sister to the D45 bull and she is super nice and has a tic more height to her than her brother.

gizmom

I like the 2nd bull the best for me. Both are really nice. My main concern with the first bull would be base width. A concern I have with most Angus. But would be tickled to use either one.

This is a photo taken this morning of 1701's dam. She is getting some age on her but still a front pasture cow. We have several of her sons in our sale on the 4th.

This is her Raindance son can you see the resemblance?

Latest posts