Herd Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
Give me your thoughts on this herd bull i'm thinking about buying.He is pure bred angus.
Thanks.
100_1469.jpg
[/url][/img]

I think he looks like a pot belly pig.........but what do I know. I'm going up to Brownwood again soon. I saw what I now believe was a very nice looking
Angus bull. I will try to get a pic and some information on him. What do you think of that Bull? Why don't you tell us some more about him.

He not part of the AAA yet. He is 4 year old bull that weighs 2100 lbs. He has been running with 35 head of cows and a few heifers. He has low birth weight calves never had to pull one, and great acting bull, and all of his calves are nice easy going calves. His son won champion cross bred bull.

Mat Man":111ul63r said:
Genitics maybe????-- By picture no
A good cattleman don't need epd's.
He can look at the calves already on the ground to know what kind of calves he will have.

sim.-ang.king":1jg4i33v said:
Mat Man":1jg4i33v said:
He can look at the calves already on the ground to know what kind of calves he will have.
i got a fair grip on how the females sired by him will look in a few years too.. that bull is horrible

sim.-ang.king":q7ln85m8 said:
Mat Man":q7ln85m8 said:
True....and that one is a loser. Is that "white" hair on his belly or snow??? He looks like he's about as old as dirt.

Your right, this bull isn't part of AAA and yes he is as old as dirt 10 years old, some of his heifers are crap.
This some bull some guy gave us to get rid of and to get a little use maybe out of him before we haul him off.
This just a test to show you can't always trust what they show on here so don't fall for the guys who say I use this such bull or I have this such when they don't.

sim.-ang.king":3o1akd7a said:
Your right, this bull isn't part of AAA and yes he is as old as dirt 10 years old, some of his heifers are crap.
This some bull some guy gave us to get rid of and to get a little use maybe out of him before we haul him off.
This just a test to show you can't always trust what they show on here so don't fall for the guys who say I use this such bull or I have this such when they don't.
trust is one thing ,,thankfully we all got eyes of our own,,, though if you told me he was in the AAA i might have believed it :cowboy:

sim.-ang.king said:
This just a test to show you can't always trust what they show on here so don't fall for the guys who say I use this such bull or I have this such when they don't.[/quote

sim.ang.king

I note that you joined CT a month ago. Welcome to the most informed producers on the Internet! You might wait and read more posts before you decide that some of the posters here don't know enough to be trusted. WRONG. If you are naive enough to "- - get a little use maybe out of - -" before you really KNOW what and why you are selecting a bull (or a female), you deserve to lose about ten years in recovering your losses - both Phenotypically AND Genetically (EPD's).

Rhetorical question for you: Why do you surmise that the Universities and investigative businesses have spent literally MILLIONS of dollars in determining the reliability and functionality of EPD's if they are no more valuable than "--your good eye?" Why haven't they just come to you for your "Selection Decisions?"

:?:

DOC HARRIS

sim.-ang.king":1xc8mr5o said:
sim I can't quite figure out your purpose here but you're sure as he$$ not impressing anyone in a positive way.

I love making people mad! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :banana: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not impressed by this bull. He appears too small and short coupled. I hope that he sires calves that exhibit more stretch and grow than he looks. Unfortunately, I am seeing more calves that look like they were sired by that kind of bull at the sale barns.

As producers are looking for a smaller framed cows with less mature size, they are going to produce feeder steers and heifers that will meet resistance from order buyers as being too small. I got one of those "talking too's" Monday morning as we sorted the cattle bought at several sales over the weekend.

sim.-ang.king":webewmk9 said:
Give me your thoughts on this herd bull i'm thinking about buying.He is pure bred angus.
Thanks.
100_1469.jpg
[/url][/img]

I think it is hilariously stupid!!! Dare I ask what is in the bag you're dangling in front of the bull's face? If it makes you feel better, if I was raising strickly commercial cattle with no Hereford in them, I would probably select moderate framed SimmentalXAngus. They would come as close to Herefords as any non-Hereford crossbred could.....more growth than the Angus and better carcass than the Simmental. But in my experience, the SimmentalXAngus won't match straight Herefords in cow maintenance costs or disposition.

BC":1u4mf6j8 said:
I am not impressed by this bull. He appears too small and short coupled. I hope that he sires calves that exhibit more stretch and grow than he looks. Unfortunately, I am seeing more calves that look like they were sired by that kind of bull at the sale barns.

As producers are looking for a smaller framed cows with less mature size, they are going to produce feeder steers and heifers that will meet resistance from order buyers as being too small. I got one of those "talking too's" Monday morning as we sorted the cattle bought at several sales over the weekend.

BC, I totally agree with your statement. I am told to buy as many of those type as I want as long as I keep them and just don't deliver them to my customers. Recently I have not had anyone fuss about any too tall calves just the too short or the no good.
I hate to comment on the bull, but he$$ no I would not use him. I would buy him off the farm and send him to slaughter.

sim.-ang.king You kinda remind me of an old boy from Tennessee,but I see he's over on the advantage site and going to burn some guys barn down.