Herd Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

SEC

Reaction score
Purchased this Max this spring as a 5 year old. He doesn't do a lot wrong and we already know what his milking daughters look like. Tried buying a son but didn't get it done.

Geis_Max_80_01.jpg

Guess I better put the picture in. :oops:

Do you have any data? Weight , frame, ultrasound data?
You can keep the epd data to yourself. ;-)

He wasn't weighed, I would venture that he was about 24-2500lbs. Mid 6 frame bull. Interestingly enough his ultrasound data shows him a negative on IMF and REA. The bull is fairly muscular though. That scan data was only on a few head, there was quite a few progeny scanned off of him this spring so it will be interesting to find out if it goes up or not.

His mother produced a $6100 son this spring that was also very good. His EPD's are decent. He was bought for his masculinity, structure (he never stops wrong, always looks excellent), consistency. He doesn't sire many throw aways, his calves are always good to excellent.

His ultrasound data doesn't show him negative or positive. His ultrasound data would be actual. Do you know what it was actually?

Pretty darn nice bull you got there. It is hard to find a good proven bull like this that is for sale. Congrats on a good buy and good luck with him.

Max wasn't ultrasounded with cup as a yearling. He was done with chuteside. There he was 4.52 IMF, 12.0 REA and 64.42 LMY and he had a scrotal measurement of 40 cm at 14 months of age.

SEC":1vpez4mn said:
Max wasn't ultrasounded with cup as a yearling. He was done with chuteside. There he was 4.52 IMF, 12.0 REA and 64.42 LMY and he had a scrotal measurement of 40 cm at 14 months of age.
The cup lab and some chute side programs are the same software. (some aren't) If you trust the breeder, the chute side deal doesn't bother me. I really like the marbling . Do you know his weaning and yearling weight? I really like his looks.

The breeder of this bull is an absolute student of breeding cattle and a classy guy. That's the only kind to deal with. He shoots straight from the hip and would let him send me a herdbull sight unseen anytime.

90lb bwt
746 205 wt
1317 365 wt

I have not been as excited to own a herdbull like this for a long time. We hope to get about 30-35 calves from him, looking forward to selling sons and keep a pile of his daughters. We will put some semen up on him this fall after breeding.

He looks pretty flawless to me SEC. I like his phenotype, his weights, and he's pretty. I really like his marbling. His REA could be bigger and I wish it was but I like the bull alot. I'd use him if I bred blacks. Congratulations. I assume he's good footed?

I pretty much have to agree with ollie'. He seems pretty flawless. He looks to be well balanced, long, thick and deep with a good rear end. He seems to have good legs on him and a good strong topline.

Looks like a bull that I wouldn't be afraid to use.

SEC, it looks like you got a good one.

Congragulations.

SEC":o8yhog5s said:
Purchased this Max this spring as a 5 year old. He doesn't do a lot wrong and we already know what his milking daughters look like. Tried buying a son but didn't get it done.

Nice bull. Is he a GT Max son?

He's a great great grandson of GT Max out of a Canadian bred cow. His sire bred cows naturally past 10 years of age and was lost with no semen collected.

He's got a nice big foot on him with excellent inner walls as they are straight. He's not extreme in any way just all around good.

SEC":112f7ip3 said:
He's not extreme in any way just all around good.
He's good everyway. He has a comfortable look too. I like that and it's hard to find. He's a good rat.

You have a legitimate right to be excited, SEC! This guy's phenotype is terrific, and I woujld imagine that his EPD's are better than your herd average! Right? That is the way to improve your herd quality. Keep his best!

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts