I come here,
we live together,
I don't want to leave
I'll stay forever.

I wave flag,
red white and blue
I cant wait to be citizen;
Just like you.

I like this one better. I agree that illiegal immigration is a problem we need to address, but I don't want to see us grow heartless over it.

I went to town today, and saw the usual hispanic guys working on landscaping for the city.....but all of them had an American flag in their back pocket. :D Kinda makes me feel good for those guys that are happy to have the chance to live the American Dream.

we have people come here and want to live side by side with us, and then you hear they are plotting to blow us up. 4 Doctors would you believe have been arrested for driving a car into the Airport in Scotland a few weeks ago, and another 4 have been sentenced to life in prison for plotting to blow up four underground trains and another bus a few day after the last bombings in July last year, the devices they were carrying and left behind fortunately faild to go off. and people wonder why we are against them, I know it is not all there are good and bad in ever race, but there seems more in one than anyother.

I can't help but think that if I lived in Mexico or wherever, I would want a better life for my family. That is just natural. That is why my ancestors came here from Ireland. My great grandfather, (yes, we are a spread out bunch of people and the men tended to marry late in life), came here from Ireland and fought in the Civil War. (told you we were spread out!) He then got himself a pretty Indian bride and settled down to raise a house full in the Oklahome territory. He was American through and through. He wanted a better life. He had to face descrimination, too, I am sure.

No, I don't blame others for wanting to come here. I just want them to adopt this country as their own and be American, like our ancestors did.

Lammie":324zyaux said:
No, I don't blame others for wanting to come here. I just want them to adopt this country as their own and be American, like our ancestors did.

I agree. I say welcome to the family. The thing being I want to make them part of my family, not vice versa.

Lammie":1hrvdtif said:
I can't help but think that if I lived in Mexico or wherever, I would want a better life for my family. That is just natural. That is why my ancestors came here from Ireland. My great grandfather, (yes, we are a spread out bunch of people and the men tended to marry late in life), came here from Ireland and fought in the Civil War. (told you we were spread out!) He then got himself a pretty Indian bride and settled down to raise a house full in the Oklahome territory. He was American through and through. He wanted a better life. He had to face descrimination, too, I am sure.

Somehow, somehwere it all changed.

America was growing and expanding back when all the immigrants were coming. We took any many parts of the SW U.S. that were once part of Mexico but never had Mexico on the agenda. Texas joined up for some reason. At some point the U.S. slammed the door on immigration.

We took in Alaska and Hawaii as states in '59, but nothing since. The whole mindset has shifted. Nothing added on in almost 50 years. There are many people still living who were born in Oklahoma Indian Territory.

Anyway, I don't understand all the fear and terror. We are bashing the very things that made this country a great place.

I support immigration. I think immigration, specifically INS has an administrative problem, but with that said. My wife had her green card and was in the states in a few months.

I support immigration and intigration. I welcome immigrants who come to America because they want to be Americans. I dont expect them to abandon their own culture, but I do expect them to learn English and be able to assimilate.

PS: Thanks everybody for the kind comments on my stab at being a poet.

Why not":vwgofzpo said:
Get a education so you can raise your family instead of wefare doing it.

That is a few of the things they should be told and if they cant do them then they need to get out period no if ands or buts about it.

I wouldn't agree with the "they should be told" part. don't agree with ordering anyone around. Let them choose. Have you ever been around these folks? The ones I have known are much to proud to accept welfare. They just want to earn their way.

I agree with your point, but........

Just out of curiosity, who DID free the slaves and WHAT group of people did make up the clan?

3MR":2ol64osh said:

Just out of curiosity, who DID free the slaves and WHAT group of people did make up the clan?

Is this directed to me? The Emancipation Proclamation was issued by Lincoln, 3 years after the Civil War started. Not before the civil war, 3 years later. It only applied to certain states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_Proclamation

You will note that it did not free all slaves. Maryland and Deleware were exempt from it and allowed to keep slaves. There were others too but I don't remember off of the top of my head. So I truly don't know when these states officially ended slavery, but it was later and I don't know by who's order.

edit: Wow! Guess I went brain dead. The thirteenth amendment. 3MR I see you have the right answer as well

backhoeboogie":vrhgqt2l said:
3MR":vrhgqt2l said:

Is this directed to me? The Emancipation Proclamation was issued by Lincoln, 3 years after the Civil War started. Not before the civil war, 3 years later. It only applied to certain states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_Proclamation

You will note that it did not free all slaves. Maryland and Deleware were exempt from it and allowed to keep slaves. There were others too but I don't remember off of the top of my head. So I truly don't know when these states officially ended slavery, but it was later and I don't know by who's order.

Nope, I didnt see your post until just now.

PS: I agree with your post as well. I think Why Nots intent was the same.
---------------------------------------------------

It wasnt really directed at anybody. I just wanted to see what people would say.

Incidently your answer was much better than I expected. Congress freed the slaves in Deleware and Kentucky, the only remaining slave states at the time, when they ratified the 13th admendment.

3MR":1khf5ihg said:

There have been so many different clans under different names through the years it might be hard to pin this down. Maybe Oprah would know. She parades some so called "clansmen" through ever now and then. She is the authority on just about everything. :roll:

I dont know how anybody could possibly answer "What group of people made up the clan?" My answer, if any, would have to be; No group of people made up the clan.

I would have to dissagree about the numbr one source of Meth being from South of the border (unless you mean Texas :lol: )

I think if you check you will find the number one source of Meth is home grown. (But its not Oklahoma anymore)