Heh, heh, heh

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals":1locd04v said:
I don't think Mr. Coburn would've had a problem with the rules had California Chrome won the Race. Smarty Jones and some others failed but their owners didn't whine and get upset on National TV and call others names. I like CC but to me he wasn't real impressive in any of the three legs, for that matter I wasn't to impressed of any of the horses much. Commanding Curve did show some punch toward the end of the derby, and Commisioner showed nice endurance just to be nosed out at the end by Tonelist in the Belmont. There are always winners, losers, and a new day God willing. Accept the loss, hold your tongue, listen to your wife, and come back again for another try.
Did you see that? I think you are talking about him turning after the interview and giving his wife some lip about he was going to say what ever he wanted. That was a grand performance on the WorldWide stage.

Yes, Ron I saw that. I thought he made himself look like a Jack Ass on a National Stage, maybe even a Dumb Ass too. I understand he was emotional and emotions can grab the best of some people, therefore maybe they need a new PR person. I do really like his horse, a calm sharp looking specimen. Should get plenty of stud fees from that Colt, after all there aren't many that win the first two legs of the Triple Crown.

well it turns out that CC was stepped on coming out of the gate. Maybe it wasn't that the other horses were fresh, maybe he didn't run well because he was hurting.

http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/s...injury-hoof-matterhorn-triple-crown-near-miss

BpkfbYiIAAAh5Kw.jpg

BpkfuR5CAAATwo_.jpg

Ow! I was thinking he was hurting,but this is the first I saw of this..

I know nothing about horses but I am going to guess or almost assume that where his cut/injury is a tender/sensitive area of a horse's foot and can easily be considered as a distraction to his performance??

Can anyone horse owners/experts tell me if I'm right or wrong?

Thanks

torogmc81":5egufwfm said:
I know nothing about horses but I am going to guess or almost assume that where his cut/injury is a tender/sensitive area of a horse's foot and can easily be considered as a distraction to his performance??

Can anyone horse owners/experts tell me if I'm right or wrong?

Thanks

I'm no expert, but I can say with confidence it did effect his race. Imagine having the back of your foot hit with a hammer at the beginning of a race. Thanks for the pic chippie! Also I thought the interview was with the trainer, after listening to media all morning I realize it was an owner. Word is they'll retire him after the breeders cup in Nov.

chippie":3fqpexo2 said:
His horse just didn't have the juice and saying that the other owners were out to make sure that his horse didn't win was poor sportsmanship and sour grapes.
I thoguht that was the idea in a horse race to WIN! By definition that means make sure the other horses lose.

dun":3k95sokk said:
chippie":3k95sokk said:
His horse just didn't have the juice and saying that the other owners were out to make sure that his horse didn't win was poor sportsmanship and sour grapes.
I thoguht that was the idea in a horse race to WIN! By definition that means make sure the other horses lose.

If the injury that I saw is real it's a wonder he ran at all. Could be internet BS though.

10390267_888535854505876_2437546749386651251_n.jpg

10463015_857958680886249_3365696015801180489_n.jpg

TennesseeTuxedo":zktqiaw6 said:
ALACOWMAN":zktqiaw6 said:
Not unlike some horse shows,, the saying goes.bunch of horse's showing their ass's,and ass's showing their horses...

The first social/charity fund raiser I worked a few years ago involved a hunter/jumper event here in Franklin, TN and my job was directing traffic and showing the attendees where to park. After a few run-ins with the patrons who didn't like my direction I commented to our event coordinator how rude and unruly some of them were and she remarked "Horse people are nasty!" All I could do was laugh and agree, some of them sure were.
Friend of mine I use to rope with,got into training western pleasure horses,most of his clients are wealthy and don't know crap about horses just know they like em and want em to win,at all cost...

When Secretariant won the last leg of the TC, he had to only run against 3 or 4 other horses. He had scared all of the other owners off.
I made my first horse bet that day. I paid 2 dollars and won 2.10.

chippie":3rmlid0i said:
Another reason for the sour grapes. An enormous endorsement deal with Skechers shoes and Breathe Right strips did not come to pass.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/05/california-chrome-lands-deals-with-skechers-breathe-right/

Something else about Mr. Coburn. He is not just an employee of the company where he works. He owns it. I guess that explains why he needed a high dollar tax write off.
Maybe now he can get a deal for "Choke" chain collars, or maybe some "Whine" company

I totally agree that the owner was way out of line with his comments.

However this should not diminish what the horse did in the first two races and definitely not what he accomplished in the Belmont. To even run the race he did with an injury like that is an amazing accomplishment. That injury is similar to a human being smacked on the heel in the first 3 or 4 steps of a mile race and then still placing 5th out of some of the best runners in the country. This was a really good horse who's legacy will be having a horses ass for an owner.

I was listening to my radio today, and I heard the owner apologize to his wife, the horse that won, and etc. In my opinion it happened in the
heat of the moment, and that mike should not have been put in his face. I saw it done to the all pro corner back of Seattle. The only ones you
need to do this to are the fake wrestlers.

I still think that he is an a$$. He continued his tirade after the initial interview.
Did you know that he didn't even go back to the barn after the race to check on his horse?
If they change the format of the three races, I think that maybe they should space them further apart to allow ample recovery time between the races, not limit who gets to run.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/california-chrome-owner-part-class--part-ass-in-defeat-010645280.html

It's a shame when such a great horse has such a sorry owner. The owner does not care at all about the horse, only the money.

The trainer now, is a class act.

I understand he has come out today and apologized. He called his own behavior extremely shameful. He might be to late.

Dega Moo":3kpkrwrn said:
I understand he has come out today and apologized. He called his own behavior extremely shameful. He might be to late.

Too late and you know what everyone thinks. He saw the magnitude of his ill spoken words and wanted to mend fences so financial opportunities can be salvaged. Too late. One can forgive, but you never forget!!!!