Heetseeker

Help Support CattleToday:

Simmishowchick

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Heetseeker has been tested for PHA and if it was negative or positive? I found out that a bull I was using on my Heetseeker heifers is a carrier for PHA and I was wondering if anyone knew about Heetseeker being tested.

If he is carrier, does anyone find it worth getting my cows tested or just shipping them? Thanks for any help. :)

Heatseeker should not be PHA. There's nothing in his pedigree that would indicate PHA and so far all of his son's have tested neg. He is TH positive. Our bull is out of a PHA carrier and we bred him to our heatseekers and all the calves are fine. So I would not worry but it never hurts to have your heifers tested? What kind of cows are your heatseekers out of? The PHA seems to be showing up in the maine cattle. If for some reason your heatseekers do turn out to be PHA you have a 25%chance of having a PHA calf, 25% of PHA free calf and a 50% chance of having a carrier. Hopes this helps.

They are Heetseekers out of Simmental or Simm-Angus cross cows. I'm just worried bc we used this bull a lot and he is a mainetainer. He is 1/2 Simmi so we figured he would be PHA negative, but he turned out to be a carrier so that worried me and my dad on us using Heetseeker on our cows with out knowing about him being a carrier or negative. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a PHA test done? Thanks again for any input on this matter.

PHA seems to only in the maine and maine cross cattle and Heatseeker is a 1/2shorthorn and 1/2Chiangus so he does not have any maine in him. The TH test was around $25 so I would think that the PHA test would be about the same. Who is your bull out of? Go to the Maine association web site and they should have some info for you. Good Luck

Latest posts