Heating Up

Help Support CattleToday:

On a serious note, many of us have fenced the streams and ponds and put in water systems. I feel the cattle are not doing as well in the heat.

Mine took for a swim the other day when it got up to 90.

47986776761_c3833b197a_h.jpg

I'm using flicker image hosting, and just use the share using BBcode

But if you use this site
https://postimages.org/

Upload your picture, choose the size you want, then copy and paste the "Hotlink for forums".

Exactly what sim.-ang.king said. It's really easy, but don't upload huge pictures via postimage. It will take a lot longer, often bring postimage upload to a halt, and 640x480 is more than adequate for most message boards.

this is a 640x480 sized image.

kenny thomas said:
On a serious note, many of us have fenced the streams and ponds and put in water systems. I feel the cattle are not doing as well in the heat.

We put in a couple water systems, but still have ponds in all but one of our pastures, it's used mainly as a hayfield until late in the season. Lots around here fence out ponds too, but I think they need them. I see ours in them often in the warmer months. On a side note our red cattle are in the ponds at about the same rate as black ones. When I had white Charolais they frequented the ponds too so I'm not sure how much bearing that colors has on it.

I've never seen a single one of my cattle standing in the water..except one newborn-2day old that fell off in a deep canal.
(flood times being an exception)
Almost all of mine are white and/or red.

We don't have any water for them to stand in... and they actually HATE the water from the sprinklers, even when it's hot

Latest posts