Hay

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy-

Reaction score
God smiled on this poor old boy so far.

Due to lack of rain I was only able to cut one field earlier this year (not growing). We finally got some rain but I had to wait for the grass to recover. Took last week off and managed to get 40 tons of Bahia in the barn without it getting wet from rain. Got one more field I hope to get in dry and then I can just cut and bale as I please.

Spent 1/3 time repairing equipment. Hay rake lost a U-joint then the gear box would not stay looked up. Finally got all that fixed and had to work on the hay mower. Broken floor chains on the baler caused me to go order 8 new ones. Had problems with two tractors but got them fixed.

All this by me and a friend up the street that I bale for.

I promise to get a new mower for next year and go over all the equipment with a fine tooth comb before I start baling next year. Then again I say that every year.

Now what sense of satisfaction would you have gotten from making all that hay without any problems?

Now you can spend some time on more useful things; like that beautiful chestnut you have.

cypressfarms":23ppbmlq said:
Now what sense of satisfaction would you have gotten from making all that hay without any problems?

Now you can spend some time on more useful things; like that beautiful chestnut you have.

Yeah, I guess you are right. I might forget how to work on some of that antique equipment if I didn't have to do it every year. :lol:

Oh, you saw the Chestnut huh? Got him a new saddle yesterday. I was told to put the other one in a museum somewhere. :oops: