Hay

Help Support CattleToday:

glekath

Reaction score
Does anyone here know anything about Milo Stalks, I think it is some kind of hay. Is it good to feed or what? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!!!

It will work, the sooner they cut the stalks after harvest the better it will be for Hay.

I'll bet it doesn't have much protein value. May make good filler.. which is all I've ever seen anyone around here use it for.

TheBullLady":nm1x9m2b said:
I'll bet it doesn't have much protein value. May make good filler.. which is all I've ever seen anyone around here use it for.

thats true, the greener the stalks are when they cut them the higher the value will be though.

Not a lot of protein but it saved me during the drought of 1996. I had to pay $35.00 a roll and haul it myself over 60 miles one way. Cows ate it like I eat candy. That is because they had nothing else.

at the sale the other day, they made an announcement that some boys had some soybean hay for sale, me and my husband looked at each other and grinned, cause we had just talked about if they baled soy beans, cause i dont think they have done very well around here, the drought has about burnt everything up and it seemed like a waste not to use them somehow.

Latest posts