hay fire

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
8_hay_bale_fire_014.jpg

heres a pic of hay burning on the loader
8_hay_bale_fire_001.jpg

heres pic of a bale flaming

whoever did it is long gone from here.we had 200 bales of hay in the meadow.there was 40 bales where the fire was.

I have never ever heard of such a thing happening around here. That it was set on fire on purpose for the intent to destroy something would never dawn on me and I cannot imagine the kids in a farming community doing something so destructive. Is this supposed to be some kind of high school prank??

no its not a high school prank.its some1 that likes to set fires.the pics you see are the 2nd time it was set on fire in less than 12hrs.out of the pics 8 fire trucks spaying the bales an ground.my bro was moving an piling the burning bales in 1 place.an adult set the fire.my brothers house is 15 to 20ft from the fire.

How do you know someone set the bales on fire. Did you see them did anyone see them. Round bales can catch on fire if baled to wet the same as square bales in the barn. I had a bale catch one night during a rain storm. I guessed that lightening may have hit it. It also could have over heated. Are there any clues as to who may have done this. Such as tracks tire tracks and such.

jd the hay had been baled 2wks or more before the fire.an was still sitting out in the meadow.an it was nice an dry when it was baled.brother got home from work at 1130pm.called an said the hay meadow is on fire.so he called the fire trucks.they sprayed the hay down real good.an stayed till 3am.bro checked at 7am everything was ok.i checked at 8am everything was ok.friend checked his cows everything was ok.then he came out an hay bales was blazing again.so they was set again.neighbor called fire trucks at 1130am.we got home from church.called a friend he said he would get fire trucks out pronto.had it out with the fire dispacher.an when he found out he be 1 responable for a house burning he sent 6 more trucks out.

Bigbull...sorry to hear about the fire. Seems several years ago during another dry period there was someone burning round bales up in NE Texas area. We've had it happen a few times out here as well. Can't imagine someone doing something like this. Gotta be a sick son of a gun.

TB that person is sick stupid an a few other things.they dont care what they cause people to go through.

bb338 - sorry for the troubles.

A round bale needs to be rolled out completely to ensure it doesn't flare up again. We do that and use a foam here.

Tell your bro to watch out he doesn't damage his tires in the embers, happens easy enough.

Sorry once again.Been there. ( Bearing in baler, lost 50 rounds in the subsequent grass fire ).

we piled all the burning bales up togather on burned ground so the fire wouldnt spread.then that nite my neice an nephew pulled the bales apart so they would burn.an when their dad got home from work.he pulled them apart till 4am.the tractor tyires are fine.

Wow bigbull those are quite the pics.
Sorry about that happening to you guys, sometimes thinking about the state of society makes me very sad.

some people like doing things to hurt other people.an thats the sad thing.they get their kicks from starting fires.

Yep, people don't care about anyone these days and the sad thing is i cant see it getting any better in the future. :(
Around here hay is like gold, if someone burned ours i would be a little bit more than mad. :devil2:

dont worry im still more than madd over the hay burning an prolly will be for along time to come.

bigbull338":3fnwhkw2 said:
no its not a high school prank.its some1 that likes to set fires.the pics you see are the 2nd time it was set on fire in less than 12hrs.

What are you doing typing in here?

That arsonist is likely just a sneaking up to set those bales on fire for a third time!

im pretty sure that firebug is long gone from here.because it isnt safe for him tobe around here.they like to hitt an run.

about 8 years ago, we had some punk kids in the neighborhood decided to go on a meham spree one night. They spray painted schwasticas on mail boxes, spray painted profanities on a local church fan, and set some hay bales on fire in several locations, one of which was my neighbors bail feeders. Chared the paint on the new bale feeders, but didn't do a great deal of dammage other wise. Thankfully, the local county mounties caught the punks, because they didn't know when to stop, they kept vandalizing that night untill they were caught red handed. :clap:

It really makes me glad I do not live in a high population area sometimes.

Latest posts