Hay Cutting

Help Support CattleToday:

Won't be a problem here....if I had any that needed cutting. Haven't had anything since you had your 15 inches.

I could use some rain here, but no hay to cut for me.

I'm always a little concerned at this time of year, that it will be a repeat of 2006. Some rain early on, then a dry summer, but come Sept, it started raining and didn't stop till the next June-July. I wore rubber boots 10 months straight.

So much for a week of high chances of rain. If we make it through Sunday's 60% chance, I'll be cutting all week starting Monday morning.

CCRanch":c49jtiwp said:
So much for a week of high chances of rain. If we make it through Sunday's 60% chance, I'll be cutting all week starting Monday morning.

Our forecast is only showing a break Monday and Tuesday with rain coming back in.
I am not 60 miles north as the crow flies.

went an looked at the meadows late yesterday evening an they are growing good.an the coastal is coming back nicely.an we are in the rain till tues.everything should be ready to cut in 3wks.

It rained hard for about 30 minutes in Cleveland today--none yesterday --we got about 10 drops 10 mi north of town. I mowed the lawn today and am covered in dirt.

Brother called from Little Rock a few minutes ago--they've gotten good rain for 1/2 a day and more expected tonight, so that's good news for those folks.

Does it look kinda like I did back in March?
mar2012water019small.jpg

mar2012water021medium.jpg