Having a good week!

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
A few weeks ago a guy came and looked at a group of 5 heifers I had left. These are mostly A.I. sired calves and all are around 6.5 months old. Average weight of the group was 637.2 lbs. Today we agreed to a price of $4,800 for the group which is about $960.00 per head. That is the most I have gotten for commercial heifers 2 weeks off the teat :eek: He will be be picking them up this weekend and paying in cash...........yep you heard right....he will be picking them up so no haul bill for me. The nice premium over the auction market tells me my program is working and I am proud of that more than the extra $. I have avoided the sale barn this year completely with my bulls and heifers. Steers will go to the feeder calf sale and I can concentrate on my registered animals :banana:

ALACOWMAN

Reaction score
HOSS":7oamk312 said:
A few weeks ago a guy came and looked at a group of 5 heifers I had left. These are mostly A.I. sired calves and all are around 6.5 months old. Average weight of the group was 637.2 lbs. Today we agreed to a price of $4,800 for the group which is about $960.00 per head. That is the most I have gotten for commercial heifers 2 weeks off the teat :eek: He will be be picking them up this weekend and paying in cash...........yep you heard right....he will be picking them up so no haul bill for me. The nice premium over the auction market tells me my program is working and I am proud of that more than the extra $. I have avoided the sale barn this year completely with my bulls and heifers. Steers will go to the feeder calf sale and I can concentrate on my registered animals :banana:
sure sounds like it...

J&D Cattle

Reaction score
That is a good weaning weight, judging by your posts you are doing it right and building a dandy herd. You can't beat avoiding the commission plus getting top dollar. I sold 4 665lb heifers last week for $1.45 to an individual for $3860 or $965/head. I was tickeled too!!!

OP
HOSS

HOSS

Reaction score
J&D Cattle":2l51b6jz said:
That is a good weaning weight, judging by your posts you are doing it right and building a dandy herd. You can't beat avoiding the commission plus getting top dollar. I sold 4 665lb heifers last week for $1.45 to an individual for $3860 or $965/head. I was tickeled too!!!

That is a heck of a price J&D. Makes for a good payday.

gizmom

Reaction score
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Don't you love it when all the hard work finally pays off!!! Congrats!
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

Gizmom

Black and Good

Reaction score
HOSS":1myzj23g said:

I just sold 5 heifers also commerical type calves out of a Mytty in Focus son, guy came and picked them up. Bout same weight as yours 620# avrg. got $1.58 a lb. They were nice heifers but at that I can part with them.

chippie

Reaction score
Very cool. Congratulations. I would be doing a happy dance too.
happy.gif

Latest posts