Have you heard of this before?

Help Support CattleToday:

I lost a calf that I later concluded was pnemonia, but since it died immediatley after I moved the herd off hay to a lush rye field, the possiblilty of fog fever seemed a possibility. So, at least I can say I've heard of it.

I had never heard of it til the other night. I asked Dad about it and he had never heard about it either. In fact, he scoffed when I told him about it until I told him that the original article I found was published by the University of Wyoming and that it occurs regularly in Wyoming, of all places.

It must be the "new" item of the season. I've read a couple of articles on it. Made me watch cattle a little closer this fall, because we went from "crispy fried - non-existing grass" to lush fast growing grass. No problems - so far. (bite my tongue - knock on wood!)

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2bkwjh8z said:
It must be the "new" item of the season. I've read a couple of articles on it. Made me watch cattle a little closer this fall, because we went from "crispy fried - non-existing grass" to lush fast growing grass. No problems - so far. (bite my tongue - knock on wood!)

I don't think it's all that new. I found a couple of papers on it that had copyrights dating back to 1980.

Latest posts