Hauptner Syringes

Help Support CattleToday:

Dusty Britches

Reaction score
Last week I weaned some calves and vaccinated them with a variety of things and used one Hauptner Syringe and 2 plastic disposables.

I took apart the Hauptner and the plastics, boiled them clean, and reassembled. Thinking I'd swing by the barn to drop them off before I went to my sister's for the weekend, I threw them into the truck.

I forgot to take them out. When I got to sis' we all decided to take my truck for our trip, so I took everything out, including the syringes. I set them down next to my pack on the garage floor. While I moved my truck, sis put her truck in the garage. I thought - surely she picked that stuff up. Nope. :shock: She ran over the syringes, but missed the pack. Knowing she hit something, she backed out a bit, moved to the left and proceeded to run over the syringes again. :shock: :roll:

She comes up to me and says, I'm so sorry. I ran over your stuff. :oops: The plastic syringes were destroyed, of course. No big deal, they are cheap anyway. The Hauptner - OMG. The glass tube was shattered. I picked it up. It was scraped on one small piece, but that was it! I took the glass out, worked the syringe and it worked perfectly! Yippee!! :banana: All I have to do is replace the glass tube and the rubber (glass shards) and we are back in business!

I am still amazed at this.

Latest posts