Hate it when this happens...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Was at the grocery store last night. Ran into someone I used to work with. He greeted me warmly and started talking to me and I am thinking, "Who the he!! is this?"

Finally thought I had a handle on it, and called him by name. Several times. Only problem was that after he had walked away, I remembered that i had been calling him by the wrong name!

I am so embarrassed. I can remember names, but I don't put names and faces together real well. I am such a mess! :oops:

Dr. Crowder will be confirming your "session" for early next week.Seems several "issues" at hand need to be discussed. :shock: Hydrotherapy is an option...

I can remember a face and what a guy does for a living forever, but forget the name ten minutes after meeting them. Unless I really try to sink it in my head, it's gone.

I empathize with you. I can remember faces but names will slip my memory with time. If I could change one thing about myself it would be this. This weakness causes me to sometimes be less sociable than I wish. I also fear some might view this as my either being stuck up or teed off at them since I might not speak to them while I try recollect their name.

Crowderfarms":2kq6iyym said:
Dr. Crowder will be confirming your "session" for early next week.Seems several "issues" at hand need to be discussed. :shock: Hydrotherapy is an option...

You are going to dunk my head in a bucket of water three times and pull it out twice???

Lammie":11d5abh0 said:
Crowderfarms":11d5abh0 said:

You are going to dunk my head in a bucket of water three times and pull it out twice???
Lammie I was merely suggesting a Hot Tub session...Margaritas, etc...

Crowderfarms":3am9eey0 said:
Lammie":3am9eey0 said:
Crowderfarms":3am9eey0 said:

Lammie I was merely suggesting a Hot Tub session...Margaritas, etc...

Well, anything in the name of therapy. I'll take one for the team. On the rocks.

Don't feel bad. I keep having people come up to me too and I have no idea who they are. :oops: They know me and all of the family, but I couldn't tell you their name to save my life.
Had that happen at an auction. Neighbor came up and talked with me for awhile, could not call his name to mind. Right after he left I asked my husband who that was, of course he has to yell out loud,"You know him, that's Walt." Needless to say he turned around to see what was going on. :oops:

angie":1b4t7hkk said:
I am excellent with names but have other issues. Can I have water therapy?

The bucket one or the hot tub one? :lol:

Lammie":37tet63i said:
Was at the grocery store last night. Ran into someone I used to work with. He greeted me warmly and started talking to me and I am thinking, "Who the he!! is this?"

Finally thought I had a handle on it, and called him by name. Several times. Only problem was that after he had walked away, I remembered that i had been calling him by the wrong name!

I am so embarrassed. I can remember names, but I don't put names and faces together real well. I am such a mess! :oops:
This happens to me all the time. I was a Liaison Engineer for about 20 years so I had contact with a lot of people. I come in contact with quite a few since retirement. I always speak and inform them the I have Mad Cow diesese and for the life of me I cannot remember your name, there is a good laugh and they tell me thier name we talk a little about what is going on in our lives and then say it was good to see you and leave it at that.

If I can;t remember their name I figure there is a reason I forgot so I just ignore them.

Actually, Dun, this guy was a maintenance worker where I used to work and all the ladies fell in love with him. I guess he liked the attention too much because his wife divorced him, and she worked for the same agency.

I don't know that he acted like he wasn't married, but he sure didn't act all the way, like he was married. He was a flirt. I used to try to not be alone with him cause there were always rumors flying about him. And I really liked his wife and felt sorry for her.

I'll see folks I haven't seen in a while and not be able to remember their name. So I immediately stick out my hand for them to shake and say "Hi, I'm still Phillip." They in turn sometimes say "Oh, I remember who you are." Of course this does nothing to help me figure out their name. So now I'm p___'ed off at them for being so self absorbed that I say something like "and you are George Bush" if they still don't help me out I just continue to call them George Bush. I then make a point to introduce them as George Bush to the wife or whoever is available and eventually they will fess up to whoever they are.

The ones who respond "And I'm still Whatever" instantly take me off the hook and build up brownie points in my book.

I am no longer too proud to say "I know your face but I forget your name" and why I know you and why are you saying "hi" to me at the Circle K (convenience store).

I forget people I met this morning.