Has anyone ever tried All natural rabbit tea fertilizer

Help Support CattleToday:

Newcutter

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried all natural rabbit tea fertilizer and if so how did it work for you?

So...do they make the tea out of the rabbits, or do the rabbits make the tea? Curious minds want to know :lol2:

I've never heard of the stuff. But, I can tell you that rabbit 'manure' is a fabulous fertilizer. You can even use it "fresh", as it is not a "hot" manure. At this point, I have about 50 rabbits and I have used their poo on all the garden beds etc. and it makes a great fertilizer.

M-5":o3akqwpb said:
ive used it in a garden but any large scale application is not feesable , can you imagine the number of rabbits it would take to fertilize a decent sized pasture or hayfield

Thousands! :lol2: I would think it would take ALOT of manure, to make a "tea" that is effective for a pasture.

Workinonit Farm":dir18u5b said:
M-5":dir18u5b said:
ive used it in a garden but any large scale application is not feesable , can you imagine the number of rabbits it would take to fertilize a decent sized pasture or hayfield

Thousands! :lol2: I would think it would take ALOT of manure, to make a "tea" that is effective for a pasture.

a Thousand today six thousand in a couple months

Tried some organic, natural something another one year on the garden. It greened up and grew a few days then needed another dose and another and another, ... I ran out of time to dose. Saw pastures in AL that were fertilized with some tea type product and it was hard to tell that it had been fertilized. I'd rather trust the pasture needs to legumes.

Workinonit Farm":ei5iu1qc said:
I've never heard of the stuff. But, I can tell you that rabbit 'manure' is a fabulous fertilizer. You can even use it "fresh", as it is not a "hot" manure. At this point, I have about 50 rabbits and I have used their poo on all the garden beds etc. and it makes a great fertilizer.
I'll bite... what in the world do you do with 50 rabbits?

5S Cattle":2q921o3t said:
Workinonit Farm":2q921o3t said:

Breed them (obviously), sell them as pets or for eating, put a bunch in our own freezer. At any given time, I'll have somewhere in the number, in various stages of growth, some are very young, many are breeders, and others are almost at 'slaughter' size.

Workinonit Farm":up9yoo00 said:
5S Cattle":up9yoo00 said:
Workinonit Farm":up9yoo00 said:

Breed them (obviously), sell them as pets or for eating, put a bunch in our own freezer. At any given time, I'll have somewhere in the number, in various stages of growth, some are very young, many are breeders, and others are almost at 'slaughter' size.

God Bless you ,, I tried a few several years ago and it was a J O B . I finally started selling them to the dog hunters to train puppies with and was very thankful when the last one left.

Let me fist say, I find nothing more enjoyable than killing rabbits, it's like therapy. But don't take my word for it, please give it a try and see for yourself. I think they even really enjoy it too. There just dying to be killed. Taste great also...

But it is the urine you want for fertilizer, mix with water and spray on pastures at a rate of 10 gallons urine to 100 gallons water. It has a nutrient ratio of 10-1-4

10 gallons may sound like a lot, but trust me, I think they pee a gallon for every half gallon they drink. 50 rabbits should give you 10 gallons in a week or less. Plus it will last months without much degradation if kept/collected in a sealed container.

KMURBAN":3ujoel9w said:
Let me fist say, I find nothing more enjoyable than killing rabbits, it's like therapy. But don't take my word for it, please give it a try and see for yourself. I think they even really enjoy it too. There just dying to be killed. Taste great also...

But it is the urine you want for fertilizer, mix with water and spray on pastures at a rate of 10 gallons urine to 100 gallons water. It has a nutrient ratio of 10-1-4

10 gallons may sound like a lot, but trust me, I think they pee a gallon for every half gallon they drink. 50 rabbits should give you 10 gallons in a week or less. Plus it will last months without much degradation if kept/collected in a sealed container.

How do you go about collecting the urine from 50 rabbits?