Has anyone else noticed?

Help Support CattleToday:

chippie

Reaction score
I've noticed quite a few old (years old) threads getting replies. For example, in the Horse Care Forum, threads from 2005 are being revived.

Maybe the search engine is being used? Maybe we will quit rehashing the same old things every six months or so?

The problem I see is a lot of great cattle folks have left this forum. Some of them were pretty much subject matter experts in my opinion. Now they can't/won't respond.

I am usually thankful for the archives. I have found several answers in there without having to bother the board again. Eventhoug I am new to the board, I notice a lot of names that do not respond to anything. Always sad when people move on.

pdfangus":38s8eqj6 said:
john250":38s8eqj6 said:
Matt Helm??? Must be a regional thing.

more like a generational thing....pretty old reference

Well ya don't get that hairy when yer real young............... :cowboy:

Seriously Matt Helm had to be in vogue when you were maybe 6yrs old MM. I remember reading it in High School and it was not even current then.

MistyMorning":1cvlcwsq said:
And Vic, Shut up!

Is your real name Sister Mary Elephant? You are supposed to follow that "SHUT UP" with a kind "thank you".

Frank and Joe Hardy were my 60's reading enjoyment.

backhoeboogie":3h58a21u said:
MistyMorning":3h58a21u said:
And Vic, Shut up!

Is your real name Sister Mary Elephant? You are supposed to follow that "SHUT UP" with a kind "thank you".

I read them back in the early 50s. Still not sure who matt helm is/was. Just googled matt helm and now I know why I never heard of him. To the best of my knowledge/memory (which is a little shaky at best) I've never read a spy novel.

I am pretty sure they made a couple of movies. I think Dean Martin played him in the movies.

3waycross":21l86sbl said:
I am pretty sure they made a couple of movies. I think Dean Martin played him in the movies.

that is correct....
the term Matt Helm brought up a mental image of Dino in a tux with a pistol a babe and a martini

pdfangus":vejza09b said:
3waycross":vejza09b said:

that is correct....
the term Matt Helm brought up a mental image of Dino in a tux with a pistol a babe and a martini
Except for the pistol that sounded like him ALL the time. Well after he and Jerry Lewis split up anyway

pdfangus":2puihmgt said:
3waycross":2puihmgt said:

that is correct....

i had to find it

matt_helm.jpg

backhoeboogie":jy0nym0k said:
MistyMorning":jy0nym0k said:
And Vic, Shut up!

I need Matt to help me figure that out!

backhoeboogie":29y1nl3k said:
MistyMorning":29y1nl3k said:
And Vic, Shut up!

Sounds like catholic school memorys!

dun":1sy9r2fu said:
backhoeboogie":1sy9r2fu said:
MistyMorning":1sy9r2fu said:
And Vic, Shut up!

Sounds like catholic school memorys!

Probably where it came from. Cheech and Chong's Big Bamboo is where I remember the pun from. Early 70's. I am pretty sure it was Sister Mary Elephant but could be wrong.

Yep. That's it. Maybe my memory aint all that bad. I googled it and you can even get a Sister Mary Elephant "SHUT UP!" ring tone on your phone. MM may already have it :D