Happy ending

Help Support CattleToday:

That's gotta be tough. I'd rather be tied up and whipped before getting in front of a bunch of people like that.

I sang the National Anthem once... It's hard to sing properly, especially for a man. Beyond that there's not much excuse for getting it wrong. :nod:
I shun the real world just as a matter principle but when you sing and it's time to sing, forgetting the words is just ignorance and not stage-fright.

cow pollinater":2p4fa38b said:
I sang the National Anthem once... It's hard to sing properly, especially for a man. Beyond that there's not much excuse for getting it wrong. :nod:
I shun the real world just as a matter principle but when you sing and it's time to sing, forgetting the words is just ignorance and not stage-fright.
So what was your excuse Stage fright or just ignorance.

VanC":pias2rmn said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4880PJnO2E
Thanks for this post Van C. It takes courage to perform like this child did. I and many other Americans choke up when singing this song.

Poor kid, sounds like just a bit of stage fright...Ballony there is no such thing as stage fright, I know I've had it when at school, having to play infront of a packed auditorium. Good on her for trying and for him to come to her resuce.
Thanks for sharing Van.

PS, don't think I could sing all six versus to God Save the Queen. No shame in that.

I just thought it was something that would make most of us feel good, that's all. I've never followed the NBA so I did a little research. Maurice Cheeks grew up in the Robert Taylor Homes in Chicago, an area infamous for crime, drugs and prostitution. He played college ball at West Texas State, played 15 years in the NBA, and has been an NBA coach since 1993. He was the head coach of the Trail Blazers at the time of the video, and I for one thought he showed great character and compassion in rushing to a 13 year old girl's aid when she looked completely lost in front of 20,000 fans and Lord knows how many more watching on TV. I also thought it was touching that, after Cheeks got the girl singing again, the audience began singing much louder as if they were also trying to help her out. That's what it's all about. I never imagined anyone would look at this video and see ignorance. Oh, well.

This was big sports news when it happened, but I never saw the video. In not only Portland, but all of Oregon thought Mo was a hero. I would never go in front of tens of thousands of fans and try to say hi, let alone sing. I'm sure she knew the words, the nerves just crept in.

Thanks for the post Van.

Alan

VanC":31011dkc said:
I just thought it was something that would make most of us feel good, that's all. I've never followed the NBA so I did a little research. Maurice Cheeks grew up in the Robert Taylor Homes in Chicago, an area infamous for crime, drugs and prostitution. He played college ball at West Texas State, played 15 years in the NBA, and has been an NBA coach since 1993. He was the head coach of the Trail Blazers at the time of the video, and I for one thought he showed great character and compassion in rushing to a 13 year old girl's aid when she looked completely lost in front of 20,000 fans and Lord knows how many more watching on TV. I also thought it was touching that, after Cheeks got the girl singing again, the audience began singing much louder as if they were also trying to help her out. That's what it's all about. I never imagined anyone would look at this video and see ignorance. Oh, well.
Van you have to think there is always one. :roll:

Latest posts