Hamburger Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Bullbuyer

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to admit this but....
Looked in the freezer last night and made a scary discovery - I have no burger. Roasts and steaks - no burger. So I was looking in the paper today and I see these Bubba Burgers on sale. Apparently they are made down in Georgia with ground chuck.
Anybody know anything about these ?

I'll get a steer to the processor soon but I gotta have a burger between now and then.

Seems like we always have more burger than we can use. I had just to opposite experience. Looked in freezer, tons of burger, one roast. I still have steaks and lots of short ribs and couple briskets. We aren't good at brisket cooking. Comes out like a rubber tire.

Never heard of Bubba burger but we have the same problem. I usually end up taking a couple of the lesser cuts and just grinding burger as we need it

dun

My father swears by them. I had one up at their house a few months back. Tasted like a burger.

cfpinz

We suggest to our customers that all the non popular cuts be ground. Most have a freezer full of chuck roasts, stew meat, round steak and a few better steaks for a special occasion...all the burger is gone.
We don't add any fat to the burger and it's about 93% lean...have to be careful the burgers don't shrink...we passed out 1/3 pounders at bar-b-que last year. The teen boys loved them and the dogs had a feast when it was over.
DMc

we've got just the opp. prob also. went looking for some elk loin the other day and couldn't find any. i found lots of roasts and ground meat, but no loin.

We've used the Bubba burgers whenever we've run out of "the real stuff". The Bubba burgers are really good! You won't be disappointed.

Katherine

Crowderfarms":28bprqkn said:
With a name like Bubba, would you expect anything less? :lol:

When I think Bubba Burger the first image that comes to mind is roadkill. Can't get past that picture in my mind. Kind of like the Horsesh-- cigerattes we used to get in Mexico

dun

Seen em in the stores here but never bought them. I have always had mine butchered for more burger. I figure if I run out of other cuts I can always make something out out of burger.

My last I had cut this way.
Sirloin, Round, Cube, T-Bone, Rib steaks
Just a couple roasts
The rest burgers other a some left over stew meat.

One of these days I'm going to get me Filet Mignon cut!

Bubba burgers arent that bad, but how can we compare to our own meat?

Can you thaw a roast or two and grind them up yourself? I have thought of doing that but never have.

I don't have my own equipment to grind with but I believe me and the ol' bubba burgers will make it until I can put something in the freezer. Gliderider was right about them with onions - really not too bad.
I'll tell ya' this for sure - they're better than anything you'll get out of a drive thru window !

You can get one of those hand grinders at Sports Authority pretty cheap. I grind ham with it with no trouble. I think it would grind beef as well.