Hamburger Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Banjo

Reaction score
i didn't want to hijack the cow thread so i thought i would ask this question on a different thread.

i have a 2 year old bull that i have raised and was planning to sell him because i don't need him...he is currently loaned out to my neighbor who has a few cows.
i have a processing date in june......how would he be for beef? he is about 900 to 1000 lbs approximately. Should he be castrated now? or left alone? Would the meat taste any different with him being a bull?
I originally had planned to take a 2 year old heifer that has a cleft lip that i didn't think was bred but she up and had a calf last week. LoL.
So, I'm having to go to plan B or C.

I would think he would eat just fine. I wouldn't fool with castrating him at this point. When will you be getting him back? I didn't know if he was still in good condition from running with cows.

We had a 2000lb bull that got rot hoof and we butchered him into all hamburger and he was just fine. Fact pretty awesome! Man we had a lot of hamburger 🍔

I agree with AJ & Sstterry. What breed is he? As a 2 yr old I would be concerned about his body condition and finish if he only weighs 900-1,000lbs.

Thanks everyone. he is in good condition. he has been running with the neighbors cows since last fall.....i think about 4 or 5 cows, so he hasn't been busy probably all winter. probably not all hamburger...a few roasts and a few steaks maybe.