Had a fast calver yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

LRTX1

Reaction score
So, yesterday around 2pm my father checked on a brangus cow that we have been expecting to calve, she was bagged up but out grazing with the rest of the cows. I get there 3 hours later and she is still up grazing with the rest. No more than 15 minutes go by when I look out across the field and don't see her. So, I go down to the only spot you cant see in the pasture and she is cleaning a new born, watched him get up and suck no more than 30 minutes from the last time I saw her grazing. Wish they would all fall out like that one.

Lucky you. I've got 5 now that are all showing signs..springing, bagging, etc. 4 of em aren't supposed to drop til late august and one early august. I'm not going to get all excited like the first time, but I think the vet miscalled a few of them. We'll see

hooknline":3vguu8fa said:
Lucky you. I've got 5 now that are all showing signs..springing, bagging, etc. 4 of em aren't supposed to drop til late august and one early august. I'm not going to get all excited like the first time, but I think the vet miscalled a few of them. We'll see
i'm surprised u calve n the middle of the summer n florida.

Not by choice, trust me. The one slipped a calf early on setting me back. I decided to give her one more shot, and the other 4 due late august were bought bred.

I had my last one on mother's day, I walked up and saw a brown sack and said oh no it dead, the it lifted it head up ( the momma was 100 yards away). and strated to get up for the first time, fiftenn minutes later it was nurseing, it had trouble because a little heifer kept mounting HIM. and he would fall out all 4 leggs spread. He now runs around like a cat with it tail hung up in the air. estimated 80lb beefmaster bull calf

Latest posts