Had a decent day

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
We had our annual breed association sale today. Been a rough summer for Missouri, with drought and all. People are hoarding the hay they got put up, and cows are cheap. I think we did pretty good, considering! Most of our consignments sold above the sale average.
Our high selling lot was this dandy. She is an Iron Hide x Shear Force two year old, with a really nice GCF AMigo heifer calf on her side. She sold for $3000. (Ron wanted this one, but she was out of his price range! lol).
ogan9t.jpg

Our other favorite lot was a Combustable x Macho embryo cow, 3 years old, with a super nice W/C Lock n Load 1143Y heifer at side. We got $2500 for her.
21c9i7a.jpg

We had an Iron Hide x Shear Force two year old also, with a white faced bull calf by W/C Lockdown. She brought $2600

Our last pair was A Broker x Joy's Shadow with a two week old Shell Shocked bull calf. She went for $2200

Then we had three breds. Our high seller was a Upperclass x RRJS Frog bred heifer, due in December, for $2700.

We had a really nice 4 year old cow that we put an embryo in. She is a Steel Force x Fat Butt with a Upperclass x RRJS Frog embryo, she brought $2700.

Our last was a May Trademark heifer, bred for a April calf sired by All For You, a calving ease bull by Lock N Load. She brought $2000.

So, overall, we had a good day selling some of our girls! I was a little worried with the low prices, but we did pretty good considering!

I can see why he wanted her. She was my favorite out of the entire catalog.

Really enjoy looking at your cattle. Next year I might make a trip to the fall harvest sale.

Congrats! Looks like they did well. Had slightly thought about that sale and going. Going to buy a new blood line in a replacement for the Dream On cow I lost this year. I'll probably wait till Spring and go looking.

Latest posts