Gustav

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't think we will get any rain from it. I did my patented "wash the truck and leave the windows open" trick. Worked last time. I haven't heard any weather forecasts lately.

Still no rain. But we didn't get the 25-35 mph hot north wind like we did out of Rita and Katrina. Closest the rain got was about I45. Starting to get on edge about this. Time to start thinking about winter oats and pasture but don't see much point in trying until we get some sign or sustainable moisture.

we are getting some misting rain from gustav.an the wind is blowing some.they say we could get 5 to 6 in of rain from gustav.

I am in Alexandria now but will be heading home early tomorrow morning. They just opened up our parish (Lafourche) at 4 this afternoon. Friends and neighbors back home report lots of downed trees and powerlines. Lots of roof damage, patios and porch damage, but homes are generally in good shape. Our neighbors in Terrebonne recieved a little more damage and that parish is shut down until Friday. Fortunately, not much surge flooding in our area. Estimates are 3 to 4 weeks without power. Keep us in your prayers, we could use all we could get.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you all...I have family in Amite Louisiana and Baton Rouge, I am hoping all is well with them. Take care stay safe may God be with you all....

Chris.

We came out good in Southwest La. It was worse from Lafayette going East. Got around 2 1/2 inches of rain and some wind. We didn't even loose power,which was a big relief. I was prepared with a new generator, but I'm glad I didn't have to fire it up.

Fred":10l0h5kl said:
We came out good in Southwest La. It was worse from Lafayette going East. Got around 2 1/2 inches of rain and some wind. We didn't even loose power,which was a big relief. I was prepared with a new generator, but I'm glad I didn't have to fire it up.

You know if you didn't have that new generator the power would have gone out. :nod:

Well we're home and let me tell you we dodged a bullet. From all the reports I expected utter devastation. They said it was gonna be the worst storm Lafayette had ever seen, etc. I lost one tree at my house and 1 greenhouse at my shop. other than that we're ok. We had power the morning after the storm. We rode it out at my parents in Central LA and they probably will be out of power for at least another week. Everything up there is flooded and they are having a rough go at it. We are trying to get all them to come stay with us, but they can't leave the parish because of tornadoes and flooding. Same thing for Rita for us. We went there and it was worse over there. The devastation south and east of Lafayette is heartbreaking. So many people are in really bad shape. Please pray for all those affected.

p.s. all of you who prayed for my family...words cannot express how thankful i am to you.

Latest posts