Guns

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
When I try to find a site that gives the value of a gun, all I get back on my search engine are topics about "No Guns in the USA." Grrrrr
I need to find more info on a a couple of rifles and shotguns.
Does anyone have a site that you use a lot and recommend?
Chuckie

Chuckie":3mb8ptr9 said:
When I try to find a site that gives the value of a gun, all I get back on my search engine are topics about "No Guns in the USA." Grrrrr
I need to find more info on a a couple of rifles and shotguns.
Does anyone have a site that you use a lot and recommend?
Chuckie
I don't know one, but if you find one, please let me know.

Along with gunbroker.com there is http://www.auctionarms.com and that site will also allow you to look up guns like yours and see what they are selling for but it is not for chat and you have to find a gun like yours for sale.

The best spot on the web for gun talk is http://www.glocktalk.com as it has just about any and every topic on it you could imagaine. Folks on that site can answer about any question about almost anything you can think of. I think at last count there were well over 50K members from all walks of life.

Folks there can get a bit rude if you post a question in the wrong place so just look at all the topic sections. For your question it would most likely go in the "Non-Glock Firearms"(I think that is what's it's called) area.

J

Chuckie":laey4o1y said:
Chuckie, which search engine would that be? Sounds like they're in need of attention from the NRA.

I have been going to Google and Dogpile.com. Texan. I found a site a few weeks ago, but I am on a different computer and cannot get to the site that I saved. No matter what I type in, I get the "Ban guns or pay $3.95 to look up one gun" kind of sites. Thanks for everyone's input.

One of these sites helped me out. I found the price of ammo for a gun I was thinking of buying. I can afford the gun, but found out I couldn't afford the ammo. Glad I didn't buy it.

Ryder":3krrb3qr said:
One of these sites helped me out. I found the price of ammo for a gun I was thinking of buying. I can afford the gun, but found out I couldn't afford the ammo. Glad I didn't buy it.

5 mm Remington maybe?

dun

dun":1pzkltzy said:
Ryder":1pzkltzy said:

5 mm Remington maybe?

dun

Or maybe a 22 Hornet?

Ryder":txeeqcik said:

41 Colt either long or short is a real stinker because you have to manufacture brass from copper tubing. I checked with Old Western Scrounger and they don;t even have it

dun

milesvb":1oj8osay said:
dun":1oj8osay said:
Ryder":1oj8osay said:

41 Colt either long or short is a real stinker because you have to manufacture brass from copper tubing.
dun

How do you make the case head?

You solde rit to .38/.357 mag/.357 maximum case heads. It's hoakey but is supposed to work. Never have tried it since I've never had a 41 colt.
It's one of those deals that you can do, but why shoot something that old and possibly in questionable condition.

dun

dun":3tnw7pm5 said:
milesvb":3tnw7pm5 said:
dun":3tnw7pm5 said:
Ryder":3tnw7pm5 said:

41 Colt either long or short is a real stinker because you have to manufacture brass from copper tubing.
dun

How do you make the case head?

You solde rit to .38/.357 mag/.357 maximum case heads. It's hoakey but is supposed to work. Never have tried it since I've never had a 41 colt.
It's one of those deals that you can do, but why shoot something that old and possibly in questionable condition.

dun

and I thought .219 Donaldson cases were a pain...

milesvb":gsvftzas said:
and I thought .219 Donaldson cases were a pain...

Using a progress press Wasps are no big deal. Now the 17 Ackley Bee, those are a pain in the butt.

dun

bentbolt":1abpzve1 said:
Starline Brass is now manufacturing 41 Colt brass. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for these old Colts are FUN to shoot ESPECIALLY if'n you like to handload nice mild blackpowder loads.
http://www.starlinebrass.com
Thanks bentbolt. I checked the site and even the brass is expensive. When I get to shooting I tend to burn ammo.
.41 colt was the first big bore revolver I shot when I was a kid. Really liked it.

Skyeagle, I tried shotgun news but coldn't find anything.