Gulf Shores

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig Miller

Reaction score
We are headed there this weekend. It's been 15 years since I have been and my family has never been. We're do you like to eat? I'd like to get some good seafood. What else do you like to do there?

We go there annually to fish and golf, love it! Shrimp Basket is probably the best for the price. We also like the Steamer a lot.

Oyster House and Desoto's are always good. I don't remember the prices to be bad either. My BIL goes to Bahama Bob's I think and likes it.

Craig

Your heading to our back yard! Lots of neat places to eat fishing is great and they do have great golf courses. Jimmy Buffet's sister has a place that is a lot of fun and a neat place to visit.

http://lulubuffett.com/gulf-shores/

The Shrimp basket has several locations in Orange Beach and it is good.
Just down the road from the beach is http://www.throwedrolls.com/ when we have family visit from West Va they love to go to Lamberts one of the highlights of their trips.
Another neat place to stroll shop with a variety of dining options is the Wharf http://www.alwharf.com/

Have fun!

gizmom

They said they like the view. Thank you for the suggestions. I'm sure we will try out some of them.

Lulu's, Lambert's, and a pizza from Franco's in Orange Beach next to the Wal-mart.
The kids will enjoy Adventue Island in O.B. (go carts, golf, video games)

We went there for the first time in August. I think we ate at Shrimp Basket 5 times in the week we were there..

I really liked the etouffee (probably spelled wrong)

Bahama Bob's has an awesome hamburger as well as seafood. Lulu's is too touristy. Shipps Harbour is very good. Papa Roco's is good too.

Well it was a fun trip. Littlest one got a nice jellyfish sting on her arm and hand so that pretty well ended her ocean swimming. There wasn't any waves on Saturday and the water was crystal clear were we could see the jelly that got her. The sand was their favorite part anyway. We did try Ribs and Reds the first night since we couldn't seem to figure out where the others were and the kids were ready to eat long before we got there. It was fair but very expensive. Not worth the price I didn't think. It was $90. There was a good bit of food but :shock: . Lamberts was excellent and we'll worth the trip to foley. Great home style food and fair priced. Also ate at JR Sunset grill at Dauphin Island. Fair priced and casual. We had a little trouble finding food even with the great options you guys offered. I wanted to try the Shrimp Basket but my Wife and one kid don't like seafood of anykinds. It youre into history the youll want to see the Fort. Morgan. The only thing thing that would have made it a better trip is if we could have spent 7 or 8 more hours in the car. :bang:

Thanks for the report and sorry the little one got the sting. It will be 10 hours driving time for us, so I hope we can stand each other for that long.

Oh I hate the little one met up with a Jelly they hurt so dang bad! I should have told you to watch the flags if a purple flag is flying it means Jelly Fish kicking myself for not telling you that I am so sorry. Glad you liked Lamberts I figured the kids would. The rolls are a hit with kids (and big kids) and they are pretty tasty as well. My favorite is the pass around stuff.

I can't imagine how much fun 8 or 9 hours in a car with three little ones would be!

gizmom

They were flying yellow all weekend. That was one thing she was screaming during the histerics. "Did they put up a purple flag to tell us about the jellyfish?!?!?!? Why not?!?!?!?!"