Guesses to breed composition

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
untitled.jpg

I was leaning towards Salers.
Not my bull, posted it for someone else.

dun

The pic above is a bull I just aquired but was unable to post the pic. Dun was kind enough to assist me, I appreciate it.

Feel free to critique this bull and give your opinions of him.

Got him at a good price, haven't decided if I'll keep him or not. He's 3.5 years old.

I'm thinkin Limo w/brahman influence but not real sure.

Let's hear your thoughts!

Chuck

redangus":356xm1y1 said:
The distinctive white around the eyes would also point to some limousine influence.

He just seems awfully lihgt in the butt for a limo, but that was another choice.

dun

I don't see any Brahman influence in him. Looks to me to be Red Angus and maybe Gelbvieh or Limo

My guess is South Devon, though I could also make the arguement that he has some Limousin in him.

txshowmom":2mcqmrh3 said:
I don't see any Brahman influence in him. Looks to me to be Red Angus and maybe Gelbvieh or Limo

that is kind of along my thoughts too.

red angus/limo cross

jt

I think he is definitely mostly limousin but IS small in the butt for a limi.
may have red angus or gelbvieh in him too? I have seen some brahmousins before that y ou could barely tell had any brahman in them though.

Just emailed Dun a couple more pics if he don't mind adding them to the thread. One shows his butt much better. :D

I agree, it is fun to speculate on what he's made of. Wide range of responses!!

I'd say no on the Brahman influence.. unless it's an infinitesimal amount.

I don't see the limo influence.. hmm.. the limo's I'm familiar with are more balanced front and back. Definately a lot of front and shoulder on this bull.

Here are more pics. Better show his butt. I'm starting to leaning toward straight limo or close to it.

untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

I'd say Limi or a cross with a limi since he has the dewlap. (can't tell how much from the pic)

dun":3tq1iqtz said:
Here are more pics. Better show his butt. I'm starting to leaning toward straight limo or close to it.

untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

Me too. i'd bet money on it now.

Got him from my Dad.

He's old school and runs so many crosses he's lost track. :lol:

You know, trade for one here, buy one there. He don't care what they are as long as they're healthy and gainin weight. (I'm kinda the same way)

He actually raised this bull out of a bred cow that he aquired somewhere. He's since sold off the cow and has no knowledge of the sire.

He's thrown some good calves and Dad was ready to replace him so I snagged him.

I have intentions of transitioning towards registered Beefmaster but I think I may put this bull on some of my cross heifers and see what I get.

Latest posts