Grubicide

Help Support CattleToday:

Farmgirl

Reaction score
What do you use? Looking at just treating cows for grubs later this summer. Internal parasites are under control through 2x year wormings. Know I can use Ivomec, and any number of wormers. Just want a grubicide.

Thanks,
Farmgirl

Warbex. Know when your heel fly season is, and when to apply it, though. Warbexing too early will not be as effective, and warbexing too late carries the potential to kill your cattle.

Find out in your area when to use it. It takes the grubs varying amounts of times to migrate to the sensitive tissues in the body depending on the region. If you use it too late, as msscamp said, it can seriously harm or kill your cattle. If the grubs die when they have migrated to near the esophagus or the spinal cord, they can cause severe irreprable nerve damage.

TCFC

Unlike other flies, heel flies are not a whole summer long problem, and only achieve one life cycle per year. There is usually a specific time when they are laying eggs, and that varies from region to region.

From several things I have read heel fly season ends maybe late July. Treat for grubs August to mid September time frame.

Could post links if I can find them again.

Farmgirl

ROCKSPRINGS":2ij4ohja said:
Is it safe to say the heel fly season is over after a good hard freeze ?

Heel fly season is easy to tell. If the cows are hightailing it around the pasture. that's a pretty good indication that heelflys are bothering them. Here we treat for grubs in late October or early November.

Latest posts