Grrr.. WEATHER again

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Well.. 2 weeks ago we had about 6" of snow and it was -15C (5F).. I was OK with that, then it decided to warm up.. OK, I can live with that too, most of the snow melted, and we even got rid of the ice.

Then it started raining.. a drizzle here and there, the frost is coming out of the ground, and things are turning to muck.

Last night it rained ALL night, I haven't even dared to look outside yet, but I know it's not going to be pretty.. and my fields are going to be even less pretty after I have to drive a 1 ton truck with hay through them... and the cows sink in up to their knees.

I'm happy for water, I just hope it's coming down as snow in the mountains, but I'm about ready for freezing weather again

Oh, and as much as people seem to love the sound of rain on a tin roof.. it really doesn't do my sleep any good.. barely slept last night.

Been warm here as well, snow melting, but the ground still frozen. Driving up hill in the tractor is not so clever, not much traction.

Rained here most of the day,still got some snow and calling for cooler and more snow tomorrow. Hope it don't get miserable as i have a few people comming over to sort calves to ship. Will keep a few heifers back as replacements still not up to snuff but i think i can sit on fence and give orders.

Yes nesi.,came down with pneumonia 2 weeks ago. Got all calves sorted and tagged some without tags. Had a friend and my son and 2 grandsons so it went pretty well but the working corral was a sheet of ice. There was a few upsets but nothing too bad. I am a lot weaker than I thought but got it done, came in and sat down to rest and got phone call from sale manager and he cancelled truck for tomorrow :mad: maybe next week he says. I am doing some calling around to find some place else for them to go or I will have to let them out and start again. Such is the cattle business.

Been there, done that.. we used to vaccinate the cows with scourgard at this time of year, and we had to run them through the chute.. every time it was a sheet of ice when we needed to do it... I broke my hand doing it one year too.

It's been hovering around freezing here for the last couple days,.. as long as it stays like this the frost will very slowly come out of the ground.... I have to clean corrals one of these days.. they're quite a mess.
pneumonia ain't good, it will sure slow you down.. my crazy friend gave himself a shot of draxxin when he had it once.. not very smart, but it did to the trick.

Keep yourself warm and get well.

Nesikep":2r2u10vb said:
Been there, done that.. we used to vaccinate the cows with scourgard at this time of year, and we had to run them through the chute.. every time it was a sheet of ice when we needed to do it... I broke my hand doing it one year too.

It's been hovering around freezing here for the last couple days,.. as long as it stays like this the frost will very slowly come out of the ground.... I have to clean corrals one of these days.. they're quite a mess.
pneumonia ain't good, it will sure slow you down.. my crazy friend gave himself a shot of draxxin when he had it once.. not very smart, but it did to the trick.

Keep yourself warm and get well.

Adds a whole new dimension to self treatment. Wow.

Latest posts