Greybeard?

Help Support CattleToday:

SmokinM

Reaction score
Haven't seen him on either forum in awhile and I know he had a lot of concerns with the virus etc. . Seems like his wife was having some issues if I remember right before I missed him. Anybody got an update? Always enjoy his posts even when we don't come at stuff from the same angle. Hope he is well and just taking a break.

I have noticed that he hasn't been posting for a while too. I have been concerned about him as well. He is one that I highly respect and I appreciate his insight on these forums.

Haven't seen Slick on here either. Had heard his wife was having problems but that was a couple of months ago

TexasBred said:
Haven't seen Slick on here either. Had heard his wife was having problems but that was a couple of months ago

Slick is ok but he lost his wife recently. He can tell you more about it if he wants.

I was wondering about Greybeard too. I had noticed he hadn't been around for a while.

kenny thomas said:
TexasBred said:

Slick is ok but he lost his wife recently. He can tell you more about it if he wants.

I'm very sorry to hear that.

I enjoy reading his post as he does his research and is a knowledgeable member. Sorry to here about his wife passing.

kenny thomas said:
TexasBred said:

Oh really?? That's awful. Prayers for the family.

I'm doing well. Busy and took a break from most of the internet.
My wife got over her renal problems (dehydration and sleep deprivation caused)

Lost my 75 yr old brother-in-law 2 weeks ago to respiratory failure (pulmonary fibrosis) which was hard on all of the family. He had been in hospital for 8 weeks when he was sent home under hospice. He didn't last 48 hrs. Another likely victim of agent orange I am told, tho he had also spent over 30 years working in a refinery in Deer Park Tx. Served in Vietnam in 1967 about 1/2 way between Saigon and DaNang.
(obit has his year of birth wrong by 10 years)
https://bluebonnetnews.com/2020/05/15/thomas-cecil-saxon-jr/

VERY relieved that you posted GB. Always enjoyed your posts & insight. Condolences for your loss. I'm from the Viet Nam era...it was a bit$h in all regards. Take care.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's good to hear from you again. I'm glad your wife is doing better.

Understand you having a break but so unlike you. I always enjoy your insight wether in agreement or not. My dad nearly went to vietnam but ended just before he would have been deployed. All his training was in preparation for it. So so glad he didn't have to go. My mums bil was killed there and she still can't talk about it. I look forward to when you are ready to come back to the boards.

GB, hate your loss but really glad your wife is better.

I thank everyone for the condolences. I lost my wife back on March 14th due to a severe bout of pneumonia. I've been poking my head in both forums most days but not really feeling like I need to jump in a conversation most of he time. Still haven't been able to have Tracy's service because of this Covid crap so I'm doing a lot of foot tapping waiting on the word from the government to tell me I can. Thanks again for the thoughts.

Latest posts