Great weekend

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
Well, farm fest went well for us again this year. I love to talk cattle, so imagine three days of doing nothing but that! We sold our 19 month old bull the first day, so we just brought in other heifers and cattle that needed experience getting out around people. On Sunday, the kids and cattle were tired by then. I got a chance to snap this picture:
j0ffcn.jpg

My daughter is laying on a Feb purebred bull calf, just recently weaned but has the best personality. He is sired by Lock N Load, and an embryo bull. My son is laying on a January purebred heifer, just halter broke a few weeks, and this was her first time out of the farm so she was exceptional in her personality. My son will show her next year, she is also an embryo sired by Steel Force (like our bull). I think our cattle are pretty calm considering the balloons and thousands of people that walked through and touched them. Baby strollers, pets, and anything else you can image go through the aisle, so I think they did pretty good!
Here are some pics of our display:
11i1qp2.jpg

Our son blowing out the cattle right before it opens so they look good!
29lmcqo.jpg

Our display. We had all kinds of chocolate and candy in the baskets on the table.... yummy!

212ettf.jpg

The cattle on the first day, so the bull in on the end. He stayed home after the first day, since he was sold. We collect him Thursday, then he goes to his new home...The little Lock N Load bull calf is right next to him.... look at that thickness! :D

9r0n5z.jpg

The second day, we replaced the bull with an October heifer. Ronnie, named after Ron.... lol

Very nice cattle and pictures. Glad your weekend went well. Thanks for sharing. Attractive display also.

Kris, I don't know anyone personally who meets the standards you set. Your cattle are beautiful. More interesting to me is how well you treat them. I can see it in Margo. They have another level of awareness.

Your children are direct beneficiaries of your standards. I know from our contact how much you put into your vocation. It is the life you have chosen.

I bow at your altar, Oh Great One!!! Maybe going a little far with that. :D But you get the message.

Latest posts