Grease gun tips?

Help Support CattleToday:

No, but how do you make a shorty tip? There are times I would like the tip to be shorter and smaller diameter, especially for a fitting on my NH discbine.

For a couple of hard to reach zerks I have a gun with a 90 degree tip. Maybe one of those would solve your problem, I think you can get them and most farm supply or auto parts stores. Not sure about the "shorty tip".

ChrisB":t5zh19d2 said:
For a couple of hard to reach zerks I have a gun with a 90 degree tip. Maybe one of those would solve your problem, I think you can get them and most farm supply or auto parts stores. Not sure about the "shorty tip".

I asked my petit wife to grease a couple. :devil2: I don't think our marriage can take much more of that kind of togetherness.
Changing zerts sounds OK, except changing a couple of them will require major machine dis assembly.
Sounds like I need to find a 90 degree tip, or talk with a machinist.

I have a 90 degree Lincoln high pressure tip I bought at my John Deere Dealer. Alot of fleet and industrial mechanical supply stores sell the good stuff and some implement dealers are selling Lincoln parts now.

Looks as if you are in Minnesota and I don't know if you have a Grainger's Supply there. Google Graingers to find out. They sell a 90 degree tip that I use with a total height of 5/8" from top of the zirk when installed. It slips over the top and you push it down. Trying to describe it.. The zirk pops into it's side. They do not last a real long time since there is no way to tighten it up after the spring keeper wires loose their tensil but it works for a good while. Another idea is to remove the ball top zirk from the grase port and replace with a button type. If you do it this way, you can make a small piece of hose with a female button fitting that would attach to the male (installed) buton head on one end and a male ball type on the other end of the hose. You can just slide it off when you are done greasing that point and continue to hit the other zirks as usual. (No grease gun head changes). I typed for a while truing to describe both of these. If I did a poor job, please PM me and I'll try to do a better job. Maybe even a diagram if I can figure out how to attach it. Graingers sells all of what I tried to describe.

Latest posts