Grassley, Fischer cattle bill

Help Support CattleToday:

Lee VanRoss

Reaction score
From what I can gather thus far is sounds like Country of origin may be back on the table. I think the bill was sponsored by senators from
Iowa, Nebraska, Montana and Oregon. Obviously there is more to the bill than I have posted here.

Everything I heard about it so far sounds good. Negotiated requirements per plant is a big deal, plus some of the delivery reporting hoops sound like a plus too

If our schdules work out I may have a chance to visit with Senator Grassley in the next day or so. I expect to hear how the Grassley, Fischer bill
is moving along and get some idea of how Country of Origination Lableling section of the Act is progressing as well.
I also need to be in Richardson within the week on an unrelated matter. I would entertain any common sense comments of suggestions
brought forth on here and discuss them with him if schedule permits. I know he gets a lot done when he is in Washington as he is one
of the hardest working people I know. Now if we could just get him to legislate for rain!

Latest posts