grasshopper fertilizer

Help Support CattleToday:

bsr

Reaction score
I am thinking about using the 30-10-10 fertilizer out of texas. For us to fertilize here it would run about 100.00 acre for granular type fertilizer. By using this liquid fertilizer we would cut it down to about 20.00 acre. Next spring we want to use for our hay field. All opinions are welcome. :cboy:

One thing to remember the liquid is a foliar and a guick fix it does not fertilize your ground and to promote growth the liquid has to be applied more than once a yr usually about every 6 weeks

also you need to take soil test and see what your ground actually needs you may save money on the granular by not having to use as much P & K

I use the liquid but only to boost production after 1st cutting I apply it about a week after and then cut about 6 wks later works really well in this manner but if you use only liquid it may cost you more next yr to bring your soil back up to where it needs to be

Hope this helps you make your decision

It's like Miracle Gro fertilizer. If you spray it on once or twice a week for several weeks, it'll probably equal or even surpass (for grass quality and yields, but not economy) the one time granular application.

Be careful not to mine your soil reserves. Replenishing these can be extremely expensive. Foliar feeding works but is not a substitution for soil good soil management.

BSR - did you try Grasshopper. If so, how did it work.

I have scheduled a commercial applicator to come and apply some late this week.

Latest posts