Grass seed prices

Help Support CattleToday:

MtnCows93

Reaction score
Anyone checked on the price of 50lb bags of k31 lately? My tractor supply is getting $129 a bag! I bought some 5 years ago for 40 bucks a bag. Very bad news for me cause I need to seed 40 acres next fall

Anyone checked on the price of 50lb bags of k31 lately? My tractor supply is getting $129 a bag! I bought some 5 years ago for 40 bucks a bag. Very bad news for me cause I need to seed 40 acres next fall
Don't know how far you are from Bristol TN but you might check Country Boy Seed in Bristol. Clover was lots cheaper there this winter.

yea i did some checking around and did find some alot cheaper haha. just really shocked me when i walked by and saw it!

This is going to be a first - I've drilled it in previously. I've read 6-8 pounds per acre.

I was planning on grazing it down more tightly but the snow and cold this winter has produced more trampled grass. We do strip grazing in the winter.

IMO there is a lot of seed in the seed bank, if a person would pull a grass harrow over their pastures in the spring and fall it would probably stimulate a lot of fescue and clover to germinate that is just laying there in the matte/thatch.

Latest posts