Grandson placed on ADD meds

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook2.0":232lnp5e said:
A person who truly has add or adhd will actually calm down if given sugar or caffeine. The best analogy I've heard is this: it's like a top that is slowing down its spin, it's starts to get unstable and wobble. Speed it back up and it gets back to center and stabilizes.
Vincent told me, dad if buy me a monster engery drink I'll stay up all night and help you drive, he was asleep in 15 minutes.

dieselbeef":xgiyp2fl said:
I think there would be many problems arising the day that suggestion was made about my son.....the very least of who gets the first ambulance ride

If you mean what I think you mean, there would certainly be no confusion about who got the first ride in the police car.

This thread has lots of misinformation.

ADHD is real today and it was real 100 years ago as well. There are many mental disorders, and like physical ones, one medication isn't a cure all. Medicine is said to be an art. It's not pure science. If a child experiences side effects that's a clue that that diagnosis or medication may be wrong — meaning it's time to adjust, not throw out the whole notion of diagnosis and treatment.

Most ADHD meds are similar to caffeine in that they will basically do nothing except reduce appetite unless a child actually has ADHD. If a child has a ADHD and the meds are right, it simply brings them back to "normal range".

Latest posts