got to Mow today!

Help Support CattleToday:

5minpins

Reaction score
after 3 weeks of rain and cold I finally got to get my lawn mower out and mow! have been trying to spray the weeds but its rained so much that I never could spray. the weeds got bigger than me so in desperation I mowed them all, will spray them when they pop back up in about a week...grrrr....
so LETS SEE THOSE LAWN MOWERS! lol here is mine, Bush Hog ATH 900. finish mower but it doubles as a really powerful brush mower too. Yes I know not made for brush but I cant afford two mow decks at the moment.
lawnmower1.jpg

my little blue tractor does ok pulling it.
lawnmower.jpg

its 7 feet wide, I think it weighs just over 1100 pounds. I should look that up though. I did once and I think that is what it weighed. I need to replace some blades to...I mowed the top of a rock... :shock: and my yard, well it all runs together, I mow the driveways and pastures and swamps and blackberry patches. I just make a day out of it, kind of auto pilot around the place and look for things to run over lol. My other half doesnt get to touch it, my son either. :D

cool...

home_photo2.jpg

Here's mine.

I have this one for my lawn, and then I have a belly mower on my farmall cub for roadsides and ditches. It's roughly the same size deck as the zipper, but the tractor is less than half the horsepower than the lawn mower.

I have a rino finnishing mower for my 8 N ford, although I don't ever really use it.

boy I bet you get your lawn mowed in no time with that. pretty sharp!! I have another craftsman rider but something breaks on it everytime my son gets near it, soon as he moves out I am buying a new mower that isnt a pain in the behind! till then, he can deal with the one he keeps breaking lol.

My mower is a 2008 Yard Machine that I bought at Farm & Fleet for $169. It has a 22 in. deck and a 9.02 cu in Briggs & Stratton engine. That baby will flat out haul the mail, depending on how fast I push it. :D

bigbull338":1awfsuqy said:
those are some nice looking mowers.i bet that loader comes in handy moving stuff.
I love my loader bucket! actually I am a bit strange and like machinery. excavators are my favorite but I cant afford one so only get to borrow one from the boss on occasion. I would like to find an older complete tractor and restore it just for fun.
some pretty cool mowers on here. there is no way I could live without that ATH as this place was neglected badly by the previous owners who thought nature should take over. There were weeds here that were larger than my tractor and very odd looking. thought maybe I ended up in the jungles of south america once or twice trying to get thru the woods... :shock:
Anyway, I Like the pics of the Mowers. sometimes its just nice to go mow grass somewhere all by yourself :)

When I get back to the states I never want to see another lawn mower. Just kidding :) That is ALL my job consists of. I spend 5 days a week, 6 hours a day sitting on a mower. I am the only one who mows and we have 78 acres of property, most of which is all stuff that needs to be mowed(soccer fields, gardens, etc). Imagine doing 78 acres with a 44" deck. The job never ends. Here is one of my two machines or "my babies" as the guys in the shop call them. We've had a LOT of problems the past few months, everything from broken blades to having to replace 3 spindle assemblys. The thing that is hard is we have to import all the parts from the states, they dont sell parts for our(American) machines here. We had a short term team come last week and brought us new blades when they came and it was like christmas for us! Here is a picture of one of the mowers...

Picture816.jpg

And this is my application picture for MTV's Pimp My Ride ;-) When you have to go to meals on a lawn mower...you know you need help ;-)

Picture880.jpg

Rangergirl you seriously need to upgrade!! maybe find some reel mowers to hook up to the back of that cub cadet and get a little more done. I am sure there is a way to weld/bolt/tape some reel cutters together and pull em behind ya lol. where are you anyway? you didnt say wich country your in.

I am currently a short term missionary in Hungary. We would love to put something like that together, but there is no $$$. It took two weeks to get the money just to buy the spindle assemblies, could you imagine if we had to buy anything bigger than that??? lol

Latest posts