Got Milk?

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Got Milk???

Img_0192.jpg

Anyone care to take a stab at her breeding?

cfpinz

im going with a gurnsey cross.based on the look an size of the bagg.as for the rest of her i havent got a clue.1 thing is for sure she will wean off a heavy calf.

Her legs are too straight to be a guernsey crossed with anything but a set of stilts.
I have one that looks like her and she is a fleck simmy X hereford.
My vote...
fleck x herf

her bag wouldnt lead me to believe she is dairy influenced. her muscling maybe. shes a dainty little thing. i bet certs is closer than anyone so far, if she doesnt have any blonde d'aquitaine in her.

Beefy":p38bfr7a said:
shes a dainty little thing.

There's nothing in the pic for reference but she's bigger than she looks. Believe it or not, she weighs around 1400, but is fine boned. She just dropped a calf Sunday, pic taken Wed. Think the calf is starving to death. :lol:

Beefy - U like blondes?

I wish I could declare a winner, but I don't know what she is myself! She came straight out of the pound pen. She looked bred, turned out true, had an almost solid black calf a few months later. Calf weaned off heavy, sold as M2A for more money than I paid for the cow. She had another calf Sunday out of one of our angus bulls, silver with a grey nose. She don't quite fit in with the other cows, but she's a keeper as far as I'm concerned. I've never been around Maine-Anjou cattle before but we guessed she might be part Maine mixed with a dairy breed??? Didn't mean to lead anyone on, please don't shoot! :shock:

cfpinz

~

Oh my goodness~!!

A New England Guernsey.

Lucky you.

I originate from the Golden Guernsey capital of the East Coast.
Dairies in Essex County were 85 % GOLD in the 60's. Many Dairies were just exclusively Guernsey.

Golden Guernesey milk bottles are a big collectable from there--I have yet to find one. ( anyone have one ? ) However, I do have an ancient Simmental that shows her Guernsey roots.

Good photo.

~

She came straight out of the pound pen.

What's a pound pen ?

Up here its where all the "stray" cows are held until the owners pick them up. If not claimed in 5 days they are sold to any interested parties or shipped. Monies recieved go to the library for books.

Lots of Holstein heifers run amuck in the spring and bust through fencing and can be purchased for almost nothing if unclaimed.

CowCop":1y42st3r said:
~

She came straight out of the pound pen.

What's a pound pen ?

A pound pen is basically the slaughter pen. Cows are sold by the pound and most go to slaughterhouses. Most cows are there for a reason.

A pound pen is basically the slaughter pen. Cows are sold by the pound and most go to slaughterhouses. Most cows are there for a reason.

Actually right at the livestock auction, correct ?

Wonder why she was in the pen.

Not lame ? Not sick ?

Thanks for the explanation.
I know there is alot of difference in terms used in different regions.

Which reminds me.. where is that post about "redneck " cattle....

CowCop":3ix3fkki said:

Actually right at the livestock auction, correct ?
Correct

Wonder why she was in the pen.
No idea. Not my local market and didn't know too many folks there.

Not lame ? Not sick ?
Nope. Nope.

Thanks for the explanation.
I know there is alot of difference in terms used in different regions.

Which reminds me.. where is that post about "redneck " cattle....

well, thats it! the suspense has killed me. jljasdk;jdfskssssssfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
fffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff