Gophers

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Anyone have any good ways to get rid of gophers? we have gassed them, shot them, drowned them, trapped them and nothing is working and they are moving into my garden once again! They go up and down the rows eating my plants.

SimmentalShowGirl":22orfc7n said:
Anyone have any good ways to get rid of gophers? we have gassed them, shot them, drowned them, trapped them and nothing is working and they are moving into my garden once again! They go up and down the rows eating my plants.

Rat Terrier

I have the same problem with deer but worse. They also reach up into trees and pull all the fruit off. They eat the ornamental shrubbery. There's nothing they won't eat. They're varmints that can't be gotten rid of.

ga.prime":1wuvv3tw said:
I have the same problem with deer but worse. They also reach up into trees and pull all the fruit off. They eat the ornamental shrubbery. There's nothing they won't eat. They're varmints that can't be gotten rid of.

SSS :cowboy:

3waycross":3enx3u4v said:
ga.prime":3enx3u4v said:

SSS :cowboy:
Effective, but requires much lost sleep. I get pretty lazy after bedtime. :lol2:

SimmentalShowGirl":27j9dh8o said:
I've used a gopher poison to get them if they're just in the yard....poison milo... I move out about a foot from the hill and begin to push a piece of rebar down into the ground. Usually about 4-5 inches down you'll feel it hit the "run" and go in quickly....if you don't hit the run pull it out, move over about an inch and repeat until you find the run...drop about a half teaspoon down the hole and cover over with dirt. One mole will throw up a dozen hills so you may only have one or two. If you have a big field full you'll need a little more equip.

TexasBred":2j7iqntw said:
SimmentalShowGirl":2j7iqntw said:
I've used a gopher poison to get them if they're just in the yard....poison milo... I move out about a foot from the hill and begin to push a piece of rebar down into the ground. Usually about 4-5 inches down you'll feel it hit the "run" and go in quickly....if you don't hit the run pull it out, move over about an inch and repeat until you find the run...drop about a half teaspoon down the hole and cover over with dirt. One mole will throw up a dozen hills so you may only have one or two. If you have a big field full you'll need a little more equip.
Isn't a mole a different animal than a gopher. I think I have moles. They do not make a mound. I have herd they don't eat the roots either, just bugs and worms.

Moles just make a run right under the top of the ground...step on it and you're foot will sink in some. A good cat will catch a few eat about half of it and puke everytime :mrgreen: . Otherwise you pretty much ahve to trap them. Much smaller than a gopher.

yea I was gunna say traps. I wouldn't eat them, that's is kinda sick. Maybe eat them to some pigs! Idk! Sounds good! LOL! Good luck! Hey at least they not skunks! OH my that would be BAD!

Go to the local barbershop and get a few handfuls of the shortest human hair you can off the floor. Put a couple pinches into every tunell you see. The smell and the itch drives em away. Dead serious

Latest posts