Gooseneck Trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

stocky

Reaction score
I am getting ready to look for a new 24 ft gooseneck flat bed trailer. I want to find one with a headache on it. I am going to use it to haul round bales, for the most part. I also would like to have ramps in back to load a tractor, if needed. I also want the trailer to be heavy duty. My question is: Has anyone here priced or bought one like that lately? I am trying to figure out what kind of price range to expect for the trailer.
Thanks

Bought a Sure Pull about 2 & 1/2 months ago 32 ft dove tail, ramps, dual wheels, tandum axles for $6800.00 brand new.

I bought a 24 foot (20' flat w/4' dovetail) last year. It is rated at 14400#. 2 axles. spring assisted fold down ramps.
Heavy Duty. $3750 from Black Bros Equipment in Fayette AL. They make them.

Nowland Farms":1yoa8a35 said:
I bought a 24 foot (20' flat w/4' dovetail) last year. It is rated at 14400#. 2 axles. spring assisted fold down ramps.
Heavy Duty. $3750 from Black Bros Equipment in Fayette AL. They make them.

What size tires are on that trailer - price sounds really good.

I just bought a new 27' dual tandem about 6 weeks ago. Looked at every manufacturer on the planet and settled on Moritz International in Mansfield, OH. http://www.moritzinternational.com/ Click on the F-Series tab and take a look at their dovetail, the whole frame rises to give you a lot of clearance in the back. For hay, I'd recommend getting the deck over the neck, also ramp bars to hold the ramps vertical. My only gripe so far is the lack of a tool box, just a cheap chain tray on mine but I'm sure they would put a nice on in the neck if you specified. Their trailers ain't cheap, but I don't plan on buying another one for a long time.

cfpinz

cfpinz":se52z2yy said:
I just bought a new 27' dual tandem about 6 weeks ago. Looked at every manufacturer on the planet and settled on Moritz International in Mansfield, OH. http://www.moritzinternational.com/ Click on the F-Series tab and take a look at their dovetail, the whole frame rises to give you a lot of clearance in the back. For hay, I'd recommend getting the deck over the neck, also ramp bars to hold the ramps vertical. My only gripe so far is the lack of a tool box, just a cheap chain tray on mine but I'm sure they would put a nice on in the neck if you specified. Their trailers ain't cheap, but I don't plan on buying another one for a long time.

cfpinz

My faith has been shattered! You actually bought soomething new, and not over ebay?

dun

dun":37lnk7px said:
My faith has been shattered! You actually bought soomething new, and not over ebay?

dun

Yup, just about killed me, too. Bought a 10 year old truck and a new trailer in one week's time. That's more money than I usually spend in 5 years, told the wife the only eattin' out we're doing for the next year or so is gonna be on the back porch. :lol:

cfpinz

Stocky, I bought mine about 3-4 years ago from Evan's just east of Springfield on Hwy.60 and spent around $3500. Tandem axel made by Elite. Great trailer. It is a 20 foot model with a 5 foot dovetail. The ramps fold down making for real easy loading of a tractor or whatever and the ramps are super heavy duty. Pay a bit more and get the "pop-up" center that goes between the ramps when they are up as that gives ya' more or less a true 25 foot trailer.

If your in SW MO check out the Nickel cause there used to be a place called I think J Bar J Trading Post and they had some real good deals. Bought a small trailer for them once to haul an ATV, mower, and other stuff I did not want to use a big trailer for. Just remember they had good prices.

J

Thank you everyone for your replies. I checked out a couple of recommended sites and I am going to make phone calls. Some really good looking trailers. I am going to go to Evans next week and see what they have. I checked the Nickel and JbarJ has an add in there. The 20 footer with a 5 ft dovetail sounds real good. Also, the Moritz 22 ft with dovetail looks outstanding---now I have to check prices. Thanks again

You got me on that one, TnWi. I guess I should rephrase that to say, I want one with a top platform. Evans equipment has their 20 ft plus 5 ft dovetail for 4600 plus 400 for the platform. It is a pretty nice looking trailer, but I am going to look around some more. Moritz doesnt have a dealer within 100 miles according to their website

I've got an older PJ 18 ft. trailer. Great trialer, hauls easy, heavy duty removalbe ramps. Ony problem is the tires were not rated as high as the load limit on the trailer.

dun

stocky":1babfj92 said:
Moritz doesnt have a dealer within 100 miles according to their website

Give their factory a call. They are really nice folk and will help you find a dealer close to home. They provided a lot more numbers than the website did when I was price shopping. There were three dealers less than an hour from my house but I wound up traveling over 5 hours one way to get mine, there was that much price difference (almost exactly $2000 from highest to lowest). Their dovetail is what sold me along with the fit and finish, plus the axles have a spread to them. My father has a PJ and it's very well built but the back end bottoms out everywhere we go.

cfpinz

We bought one 2 years ago, from Anderson Equipment in Lebanon, MO, 25 foot, slide out ramps in the back, never had any problems with it, and it can really haul alot of weight, and bales, hauled a super duty school bus home a few weeks ago..:)

We paid about $5500

GMN

Only thiing I could add (sorry if I missed it) Is to get one that is dual tandam axel.

Stocky, if you do go to Evan's be sure and also check out S&H Farm Supply which is just past them on the same road. Was heading to Kansas Friday to go pheasant hunting and noticed S&H had some trailers you may like. Both them and Evan's have web sites I think. Ya' may also get a better deal if you tell one place the other is offering the same thing for less money and only a few miles away from the other. Know some folks in northern Greene county that have liked dealing with S&H but I've never dealt with them.

J

Latest posts