Good to be back...

Help Support CattleToday:

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Man is it good to be back in the good ol' USA!!! :banana:

As some of you may know, I am involved in some businesses other than farming. To make a long story short... I just spent 3 weeks in Taiwan teaching a course to the Taiwan Army about Aviation Life Support Equipment (a contract through the US Army). I could probably write a book about my adventures... traffic laws (or lack of), dirty crowded cities, smog that could choke a mule, etc., etc...

I am just glad to be back on the farm and getting back to what I do best!

Brian

Had I known you were there I'd have told you of a place to go eat just on the outskirts of Taipei.. My best friend moved there and started up a little restaurant.

How are you with chopsticks? Did you starve?

Oh, how well I remember Taipei--R&R in 1971, but it was a very beautiful and relatively clean city at the time (what little I saw of it.
My adventures there however--immersing myself in the local culture--- are best not spoken of any further AT ALL.
Welcome home.

We had a neighbor that was retired Navy. He spent a couple of winters in Taiwan. Met a younger native gal there and got married. They came back to sell his property here, after waiting for her clearance. they went back to live. Couple years later, they came back to visit. He had been very ill over there and the health care over there is bad. He told them, I am a Vet, get me back home! Almost killed him. Last I heard they are in MO.

greybeard":36y4iaji said:
Oh, how well I remember Taipei--R&R in 1971, but it was a very beautiful and relatively clean city at the time (what little I saw of it.
My adventures there however--immersing myself in the local culture--- are best not spoken of any further AT ALL.
Welcome home.

Well, GB, every now and then, we all need our ashes hauled.

PS: GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK!

Nesikep":1apvwvjj said:
Had I known you were there I'd have told you of a place to go eat just on the outskirts of Taipei.. My best friend moved there and started up a little restaurant.

How are you with chopsticks? Did you starve?

Chopsticks weren't too bad! I did find it strange that in a country that is known for its technological advances, they still haven't figured out the fork!!

Chuckie":2a4oys9b said:
Did you bring us back any souvenirs? Heck, if I pick something up here in the house; look on the bottom, it says it's made in China! :lol2:
Chuckie, had I known that you wanted a souvenir from Taiwan, I would have surely picked you up something! :D

Glad that you are home safe. I bet it was like stepping off into another world entirely! You will have some good stories I bet.
I wouldn't have cared for the food situation either! :shock:

Latest posts