Good start

Help Support CattleToday:

holm25

Reaction score
Had our first calf of the year. W/C Rapid Fire calf out of a first calf Uno Mas heifer. Healthy vigorous little heifer calf. Haven't weighed her but I'm guessing 70lbs.

hope the rest of your calving season goes as well. I always look forward to the first calf of the season. It looks like mommy is pretty proud of her new baby.

Dsth said:
hope the rest of your calving season goes as well. I always look forward to the first calf of the season. It looks like mommy is pretty proud of her new baby.

First one seems like it takes forever to come but after the first one it goes by way too quick.

FlyingLSimmentals said:
Looks Good and just like her Daddy.

Yes I figured the calf would be solid black but she came out with a marking just like her sire. I like cows with a little white on them..

My last bull's calves all came out looking like momma, it made telling them apart and matching pairs pretty easy!

Nice baby!

looking good! I like mine to have some white on the face as well. Sometimes when I think I get it figured out mother nature gives me a solid black one.

Good start! I love white markings. Of course, I started out in the 70's and ALL my calves were marked - just a matter of how much and where!
I got my first one sometime around midnight New Year's Eve (yes, I called it 1-1-20 born!) Checked cameras at 11:30pm and had feet, checked again at 1am and was up & sucking. Heifer also. Most rewarding time of the year. Love my new babies.
Congrats.

Second calf of the year. Uno Mas/Breakout heifer calf out of a first calf heifer.

Nesikep said:
I should have my first ones in about 2 weeks or so... One of my best cows kicks it off, so of course I'm excited too.

That first calf always seems to take so long to come but once it does the rest go pretty quick. Love this time of year.
These will be Hector calves correct?

holm25 said:
Nesikep said:
I should have my first ones in about 2 weeks or so... One of my best cows kicks it off, so of course I'm excited too.

That first calf always seems to take so long to come but once it does the rest go pretty quick. Love this time of year.
These will be Hector calves correct?

Yup.. I'm liking the calves I got from him last year so I'm hoping the right cows have heifers this year
I'm hoping Cenci (Had Zeus last year) has a heifer this year... There's a 9 year old cow that's only ever had steers, hope she has a heifer some day!.. Chroma had Pookie last year, I wouldn't mind another heifer like that, though a bull calf could be nice too

76 Bar said:
Nice tidy udder on the Breakout 1st CH heifer! Congrats!
Very nice udder. Great pair. Congrats.
This is super exciting times!! I now have 14 calves. 10 heifer, 2 steers and 2 bulls on the ground with 12 "on deck" due from late to next 3 days. Some still don't look "imminent" .

Latest posts